Razor blades and robbing bstards

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tartan_Terrier, Jul 1, 2009.

?
  1. Yes, they're robbing b'stards

77.5%
  2. No, I enjoy spending my beer money on razor blades

4.2%
  3. I'm a French woman, so I don't care.

6.7%
  4. I'm a member of ZZ Top so I'm not bothered.

9.2%
  5. I'm an Army Cadet, and I don't shave yet.

2.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was forced to make a pilgrimage to the supermarket today as I had run out of razor blades. When I got there, and eventually found the shaving gear section, I was slightly shocked by the price; 173 kroner (about 18 quid) for a packet. I know they're usually expensive, but that took the biscuit.

What are they made of? Are the blades made of platinum? I think not, they probably cost about 20 pence to make!

So I decided to boycot Mr. Gillette's products and buy a pack of cheapo disposibles instead 42 kroner (about 4.50) for a pack of ten instead.

Prices of razor blades have been crawling steadily up for years now, and now it's gone too far in my opinion. I don't care if they've got five blades and some strange lubricant stuff on them, or if the fecking thing vibrates when I shave, when they start asking 18 quid for a packet of five razor blades they can shove them up their arrse.

Anyone agree with me?

Oh yes, another thing. I heard the other day that the same company also owns most of the top electric shaver brands. They're robbing cnuts, and they'll get your money by hook or by crook!

T_T

P.S. The cheapos seem to do the job just as well.

2. One more thing, just out of curiosity what's the price of a packet of Gillette Fusion in the UK at present?

3. [marq=down]

Was in the local supermarket other day and saw some, don't know if they were fusion, but £9 a packet. Been using my electric one, its shite, but cheaper.

4. I can heartily recommend the following;

[​IMG]

http://www.shave.com/azor/

I've used this razor for the past month now, and while it's nothing revolutionary, it is at least a good deal cheaper than those robbing bastards Gillette.

5. Throw aways just as good i agree, 1.99 for pack of 10. My face couldn't give a fcuk!

6. If you're using Kroner then you're probably in Norway, and so I'm surprised that it's taken you this long to notice how ridiculously expensive absolutely everything except smoked fish is over there. A pint's nearly a fiver in some places :x

7. I've found it's cheaper to buy 3 Gillette mach 3 turbo (or whatever they call it this week), complete with extra blade for much much less than a five pack of blades.

8. I get Gillette Mach 3 Turbos £6.75 pack of 8.

9. I switched over from Gillette Fusion Power stealth bollocs etc etc to Wilkinson Quattro a few months back. I get a far better shave with the Quattro blades and they even have a snazzy rear blade like the Gillette to shape sideburns etc. They cost roughly £5 for 5 blades and last a lot longer than Gillette ones though.

10. Gillete fusion is shite in my opinion - feels like I'm ripping me face when using it. I'm going to ditch it when I run out of blades and switch back to Wilkinson.

11. I've got one of those but it's a lot older, at the bottom of a duffle bag somewhere.

I also have my grandfather's cut throat razor. Slice/scrape/cut at the wrong angle and you'll slice half your face off. Way too dangerous to use with a hangover.

Mach3 seem to be good but alas, pricey.