Razor blades and robbing bstards

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tartan_Terrier, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Yes, they're robbing b'stards

2. No, I enjoy spending my beer money on razor blades

3. I'm a French woman, so I don't care.

4. I'm a member of ZZ Top so I'm not bothered.

5. I'm an Army Cadet, and I don't shave yet.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was forced to make a pilgrimage to the supermarket today as I had run out of razor blades. When I got there, and eventually found the shaving gear section, I was slightly shocked by the price; 173 kroner (about 18 quid) for a packet. I know they're usually expensive, but that took the biscuit.

What are they made of? Are the blades made of platinum? I think not, they probably cost about 20 pence to make!

So I decided to boycot Mr. Gillette's products and buy a pack of cheapo disposibles instead 42 kroner (about 4.50) for a pack of ten instead.

Prices of razor blades have been crawling steadily up for years now, and now it's gone too far in my opinion. I don't care if they've got five blades and some strange lubricant stuff on them, or if the fecking thing vibrates when I shave, when they start asking 18 quid for a packet of five razor blades they can shove them up their arrse.

Anyone agree with me?

Oh yes, another thing. I heard the other day that the same company also owns most of the top electric shaver brands. They're robbing cnuts, and they'll get your money by hook or by crook!

P.S. The cheapos seem to do the job just as well.
  2. One more thing, just out of curiosity what's the price of a packet of Gillette Fusion in the UK at present?
  3. [marq=down]

Was in the local supermarket other day and saw some, don't know if they were fusion, but £9 a packet. Been using my electric one, its shite, but cheaper.
  4. I can heartily recommend the following;

I've used this razor for the past month now, and while it's nothing revolutionary, it is at least a good deal cheaper than those robbing bastards Gillette.
  5. Throw aways just as good i agree, 1.99 for pack of 10. My face couldn't give a fcuk!
  6. If you're using Kroner then you're probably in Norway, and so I'm surprised that it's taken you this long to notice how ridiculously expensive absolutely everything except smoked fish is over there. A pint's nearly a fiver in some places :x
  7. I've found it's cheaper to buy 3 Gillette mach 3 turbo (or whatever they call it this week), complete with extra blade for much much less than a five pack of blades.
  8. I get Gillette Mach 3 Turbos £6.75 pack of 8.
  9. I switched over from Gillette Fusion Power stealth bollocs etc etc to Wilkinson Quattro a few months back. I get a far better shave with the Quattro blades and they even have a snazzy rear blade like the Gillette to shape sideburns etc. They cost roughly £5 for 5 blades and last a lot longer than Gillette ones though.
  10. Gillete fusion is shite in my opinion - feels like I'm ripping me face when using it. I'm going to ditch it when I run out of blades and switch back to Wilkinson.
  11. I've got one of those but it's a lot older, at the bottom of a duffle bag somewhere.

I also have my grandfather's cut throat razor. Slice/scrape/cut at the wrong angle and you'll slice half your face off. Way too dangerous to use with a hangover.

Mach3 seem to be good but alas, pricey.