rayes of loa?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by wavinwach, Jan 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. after asking evry clerk and still no luck, does anyone know the daily rate of loa for germany? :?
  2. i appear to have dyslexic fingers today! i meant rates! :roll:
  3. gp3 you never seem to cease helpin me!! lol
  4. for which rank. Married, single ?
  5. l/cpl and single, i had a look at the site gp3 suggested but no rates were provided :?
  6. I have checked the whole of the MoD website and no rates exist - you need to phone somebody in Germany to get the rates :oops:
  7. off the top of my head it's between £5.40 and £5.70 for a single lcpl u must have some real dumb clerks
  8. not sure about the dumb aspect, jusr plain lazy i feel!!
  9. Local Overseas Allowance (LOA) To recognise and contribute towards the extra costs of living in one of 26 main stations overseas taking account of any necessary changes in lifestyle as a result of local conditions. All personnel posted overseas for 183 days or more are paid full rates of LOA. Those posted for shorter periods are paid a percentage of the LOA rates as follows:

1. 75% of the full rate for those on temporary duty.

2. 50% of the full rate for those on exercise where field conditions have been declared.

The key thing to note about LOA is that rates are set individually for each overseas area, and reflect rank, whether they are accompanied by spouse and children, and family size. This is why there is no definitive answer, as each individual serviceman/woman is treated as a distinct case!