• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ray Matson RIP

Just heard on the grapevine that Ray Matson ex Int Corps, passed away a couple of days ago. His funeral is at Boston Crem at 11.00 on 20 December 2007. I served in the same unit as Ray, though not in the same section. A great and very sociable guy with a dry sense of humour and a great Darksider of the wooden slide rule era. R.I.P.

Jim_Research said:
Just heard on the grapevine that Ray Matson ex Int Corps, passed away a couple of days ago. His funeral is at Boston Crem at 11.00 on 20 December 2007. I served in the same unit as Ray, though not in the same section. A great and very sociable guy with a dry sense of humour and a great Darksider of the wooden slide rule era. R.I.P.
Aw hell. I worked for him for a while in V Troop in 1980, very nice man indeed and a huge shame that he was used as a horrible example. RIP.

Edited to add that the "horrible example" I had in mind was how he was treated by the Army in order to send a message to everyone else after committing something of an indiscretion in his last few months of service.

Very sad indeed. I too was in V Troop when he was in charge and remember him well. I was only wondering what had happened to him a few weeks back.

Latest Threads