Raves From the Grave - Your Top 3

#1
Seventies: The Hollies - Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress. Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar. The Marmalade - Radancer (Took me fcukin ages to find that on YouTube - I couldn't remember the title.)

So go on, 70s, 80s and 90s. What were your faves?
 
#4
Little Rich Girl - The Specials
Don't Point your Finger - 9 Below Zero
London Calling - The Clash
Bob Marley
The Jam
Ian Dury
The Pistols
The Stranglers (Last seen in Pristina in 02, doing CSE, FFS!!!!!!!!!!)
 
#5
Tastytoggle said:
Seventies: The Hollies - Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress. Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar. The Marmalade - Radancer (Took me fcukin ages to find that on YouTube - I couldn't remember the title.)

So go on, 70s, 80s and 90s. What were your faves?
I aint got past the 60's yet! 8)

Sad as I am: I Put A Spell on You - Nina Simone : Sympathy for the Devil - Stones : Gimme Shelter - Stones :)
 
#6
Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien - Edith Piaf
The Kids Are Alright - The Who
Layla - Derek and the Dominoes (album version)
Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
A Town Called Malice - The Jam
Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter - Iron Maiden
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#10
basso said:
What's wrong with you blokes? What about Tommy Steele and Doris Day?

Now they could sing. :?
Ah, but remember Al Martino? And Jo Stafford? Now they were singers!

And Bert Weedon on guitar, or Duane Eddy. And Sandy Nelson on drums.
 
#11
Not faves but still relevant:

You're in the army now by Status Quo - I was
Army Dreamers by Kate Bush - I worked with a few of them
I'm Drinking Again by Jeff Beck (featuring Rod Stewart) - I was
 
#12
Difficult to narrow it down but I can listen to these with ease regularly.

Shooting Star - Bad Company

Bell Bottom Blues - Derek & the Dominos

Johnny Was - Stiff Little Fingers

An honourable mention to: Turning Japanese - The Vapours, for beating Mary Whitehouse's campaign of lunacy.
 
#17
Shot By Both Sides: Magazine

Is Vic There?: Department S

Turning Japanese: Vapours

Into The Valley The Skids

Golden Brown: Stranglers

Baker Street: Gerry Rafferty

Wishing (I had a photgraph of you) Flock of Seagulls

Vienna: Ultravox

Fade to Grey: Visage

Enola Gay: OMD





I could go on and on

Magic
 

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
#18
mistersoft said:
You're in the army now by Status Quo
I was close to the end of my career and my daughter was reaching school age. We booked an interview with a headmistress and I rolled up on barrack dress cos I'd taken an hour off work to do this.

The nippers in the school (it was playtime) had evidently never seen a sergeant before and each thought it funny and original. I had to smile and nod because I was in uniform, but God did it grate.

Wasn't Playtime an appointment indicator? Did it indicate a driver? As in Sunray = commander, Pronto = operator, Playtime = driver?

Or a meringue?
 
#19
Radio 2 played Mouldy Old Dough by Professor Pigeon the other day.

B*******ds. I can't get it out of my head now!

I agree with the long version of Won't Get Fooled Again - and Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds should be in there!

Litotes
 
#20
Litotes said:
Radio 2 played Mouldy Old Dough by Professor Pigeon the other day.

B*******ds. I can't get it out of my head now!

I agree with the long version of Won't Get Fooled Again - and Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds should be in there!

Litotes
You're lucky. It could have ben that annoying version from Lieutenant Pigeon.
 

Latest Threads