Ravc kia 01/03/11

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by King Earthquake, Mar 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - UK soldier killed in Afghanistan

A British soldier from the Royal Army Veterinary Corps has been killed in a gunfight in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence has said.

The soldier was killed on Tuesday while on operations in the Nahr-e Saraj district of Helmand province. Next of kin have been told.

Terrible News,

2. Seconded.

RIP .
  3. RIP

God Bless
  4. RIP

Thoughts are with friends and family
  5. RIP my friend,

My thoughts are with the family and friends both serving and not.
  6. RIP

Thoughts and condolences to your family, friends not forgetting your four legged partner and best mate.
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Named by MoD as L/Cpl Liam Tasker aged 27, from Fife, former REME VM. LINK
    Rest in Peace Liam.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family,friends and colleagues.
  8. If I remember correctly there was a bit of coverage about these two a few weeks ago, seems they were doing an outstanding job. May they both RIP.

'An Army springer spaniel cross is leading a dogged defence in Afghanistan after breaking the record for finding the most homemade bombs and weapons.
    Theo, 22 months, is giving the enemy the runaround in Helmand Province by making 14 finds of IEDs (improvised explosive devices) and weapons caches in just five months.
    The search dog, part of the Theatre Military Working Dogs Support Unit, is based at Camp Bastion with handler Lance Corporal Liam Tasker.'

Theo sniffs out IEDs in Afghanistan - British Army Website
  9. Also in this months 'Soldier'
  10. RIP to that brave man and his dog; I can't imagine the pride and pain that his family must feel when they see these incredibly moving, powerful images. The bond between these two is clear - if there are any artists on ARRSE then a painting of either one of these pictures would be an amazing gift to give to his parents and would bring them comfort in later years. I wonder if they'll be buried together; I have a feeling that L/Cpl Tasker would have wanted that and it somehow feels right. Together in life and death; forever young: RIP.
  11. L/Cpl Tasker and his 'record-breaking IED dog' have had received quite a lot of media coverage on their vital role before they were tragically killed.

I certainly don't wish to open a debate or be perceived to be making imflammatory remarks on this but this has really got to me and angered me because MoD thought it sensible to run a story of this kind while they were both still on tour doing a very sensitive job at the time the story was run.

RIP young man.
  12. Rest in Peace.
  13. Equally harrowing to hear that Theo died on return to base. Some bonds remain unbroken.

Rest in Peace to LCpl Tasker and Theo.
  14. Front cover of today's Times - Theo the dog died of a 'seizure' within hours of LCpl Tasker's death. The photo posted by Goatman probably says more than we ever could.
  15. RIP. As a former wagtail myself many moons ago.