Rattenbach Report - English Language version?

Discussion in 'Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE)' started by cokecan, Oct 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Arrsers,

after the '82 war, the Argentine junta commissioned a senior Army General called Rattenbach to undertake a full report into the war: its objectives, its conception, its implementation etc.. and it was, by all accounts, pretty excoriating. it even suggested that a number of those involved should face a firing squad for their negligence/incompetence/idiocy.

now, this report has be released in pretty much its complete form - the only redacted bits are the manes of Int sourses, and the name of an Islander who co-operated/collaborated with the Argentine occupation. (as an aside, anyone know?...)

unfortunately, i can only find the full report in Spanish (its available from the Presidential website - http://www.presidencia.gov.ar/images/stories/01%20-%20Informe%20Final.pdf), and a cover in English, but dodgy English...

i'm hugely reluctant to rely on google/babelfish to translate such a nuanced/technical document, so i'm wondering if any Arrsers have come accross a reliable English language version?

cheers.

2. I'd be very interested to read it. Can't help with the translation though.

Rodney2q

3. Link not working.

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

5. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Just pretend it's French with a side-order of Latin, squint a bit and Robert est votre oncle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I looked and found that a British citizen had asked for the official MOD translation and requested for this to be put into the Whatdotheyknow.com home page - however that was not possible: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/english_translation_of_rattenbach

So just ask MOD for it through the Freedom of Information Act, please post it somewhere when it has been scanned...