• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Rattenbach Report - English Language version?

Arrsers,

after the '82 war, the Argentine junta commissioned a senior Army General called Rattenbach to undertake a full report into the war: its objectives, its conception, its implementation etc.. and it was, by all accounts, pretty excoriating. it even suggested that a number of those involved should face a firing squad for their negligence/incompetence/idiocy.

now, this report has be released in pretty much its complete form - the only redacted bits are the manes of Int sourses, and the name of an Islander who co-operated/collaborated with the Argentine occupation. (as an aside, anyone know?...)

unfortunately, i can only find the full report in Spanish (its available from the Presidential website - http://www.presidencia.gov.ar/images/stories/01 - Informe Final.pdf), and a cover in English, but dodgy English...

i'm hugely reluctant to rely on google/babelfish to translate such a nuanced/technical document, so i'm wondering if any Arrsers have come accross a reliable English language version?

cheers.

Latest Threads