Rats

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I did look. I even tried google and others I got girls wittering on about being nice to rats.
I have rats.
Its really rural in NI, about 100 yards from the Irish sea. Theres a working harbour half a mile up the road.
Chap arrived to service the boiler opened it and stepped back. There was a rats nest in it. Shit, you bet, little ******* had been making themselves all cosy. Its been cold here.
I ve seen nothing in the house, believe me I would be freaking out a lot more.
I rang pest control no doubt they'll have someone out.
Problem is with poison is I am the minder of the planets most intelligently stupid dog. He is gifted at finding new ways of getting into stuff he shouldn't.
Im looking at the house insurance when I get in tomorrow. dogs already insured.
Thoughts.

(Not mice. Boiler chap, looked suitably impressed as we backed away)

Shoot them with a .22 rifle, while eating Jacobs crackers and drinking whisky, one of my earliest memories of my fathers idea of a good start to a weekend.

The problem with most poison is that the buggers die in all the wrong places causing a bit of a pong. Cymag as a poison use to do the trick but you cannot get it any more. Apparently its dangerous. Live capture cages can be entertaining, especially at the 'wet' disposal phase of the operation. Surprisingly effective too if its a house with limited access routes for them.

Shoot them with a .22 rifle, while eating Jacobs crackers and drinking whisky, one of my earliest memories of my fathers idea of a good start to a weekend.
Shooting them isn't very sporting is it? Chase them down on foot, all you need are lightning fast reflexes and the agility of an Olympic gymnast.
It's how I catch two legged rats too.

Shooting them isn't very sporting is it? Chase them down on foot, all you need are lightning fast reflexes and the agility of an Olympic gymnast.
Hours of entertainment as kids when the hay was being shifted. Amazing how many you can get with a stick in one hand and a good pair of boots on your feet.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Ms Skid2 and dog rolling on floor laughing at the thought of me utilising using lightening fast reactions. Me chasing them down on foot would be an internet sensation.

catch one then pour lighter fuild over it and set it alight the sound of it screeching is supposed to get the ******* running elsewhere(so I've been told by a a rat catcher at the school of filth) Failing that I've a mental Irish terrier with a strong chase instinct and will happily rip them to bits all day long.

The other option is to see if anyone has some working terriers near you

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Work pays a pest controller to come out and put poison down, but not anywhere near the office as we had one crawl in a cable run and die causing a huge stink and a plague of flies.
Now we have traps down and I check them.
Pigeons are problem here shitting all over, the old manager used to get them trapped and disposed of, I used go up and wring there necks as one pest controller we had only dealt with poisons and couldn't face despatching live birds.
Currant manager still has the live traps and the birds are removed from site and released. Its a good job Pigeons can't fly and its not like they're famous for their homing abilities.:frustrated:

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
stick poison behind the boiler and plinths, maybe a few of those catcher traps so you can dispose of them in a bucket of water while being aware of where they died to minimise the pong.

if there weren't any fresh droppings it might be an old nest.