Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rats in compost

We DID have rats under the deck. Baited an area and let rip at the little bastards with an air rifle.
I've also baited with poison "Roshield" bought off ebay. Some poison screwed down in place and some loose so they can take it back to the nest.

Not seen a rat for over a week now.

Truxx

LE
Foster a couple of Jack Russel's or Border Terriers for a few weeks.

These two. The one at the back likes nothing better than shaking rats and rabbits to pieces having half bitten them in two, whereas the one at the front prefers to pin them down and peel them alive. Either way they are utterly merciless and rats, being quite clever, soon get the idea that going elsewhere is a grand plan.

20170408_075741.jpg

cymraeg

War Hero
We are bordered by farm land behind and run 2 compost bins. +1 for a cat he has had 2 this week which is better than is usual trick of bring live birds in and watching them spack out around the kitchen (little ****). Between him and the Patterdale we don't see live ones in the garden

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
We to have a sparrow hawk,unfortunately, it eats sparrows, doves and anything that moves crawls and scurries.
We occasionally find sparrow feathers, but per recent twitchers' thread post, if the pigeons are easier for him, it's fine by me.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
In the true spirit of oneupmanship, can I say I'm glad I have a sparrowhawk keeping the vermin down?

one of our cats launched itself at a very surprised sparrow hawk a while back, the bird thought it was safe on the neighbours shed roof

Latest Threads