Ratpacks

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Negligent-Discharge, May 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Okay, some will scoff (arf,arf) at this, but The Scarey one and I are off on a hike in the Highlands. Anyone know where I can buy ratpacks instead the shoite that they sell in so called outdoors experience shops. The Scarey One doesn't even mind the Pate and understands the point of Biscuits Brown and thinks the powdered brew is pretty good too. The only thing she sniffs at are those pasta shells.

2. Just google army ration packs.

3. You can't get them on Ebay so readily now. This is the company that the army uses:
    Vestey Foods -Day Ration Packs

4. Negligent-Discharge

Scalieback and Jarrod 248.... all I can say is Thanks... and a "Doh!" from me!

5. Can I have the 'product' featured in the image under "Other Products" - I could eat all day long ;-)

Is there still a source for the older rat packs, the stuff we had in the 80's? They were class, they were. A 24hr rat-pack was like Xmas as a child :)

6. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

ND get yourself down to blackbuche mate they sell them there. If you can't get there yourself I might be going down in the next couple of weeks or so, so I may be able to pick a few up for you.

7. Which is a shame.

Loved the old 80's 24hr ratpack, looking to sample the delights of the current offering

8. Negligent-Discharge

9. I'd love to get hold of some of the 80's packs. Cheese possessed, bacongrill, rich fruit pudding, etc. Bloody good scoff (even the white sausages), suppose they're all in war stores or whatever though.
    My lad has just given me some of the modern stuff, bloody fancy dannish if you ask me.

When I were a lad, etc...

10. Does anyone remember the excercise/training rations? They seemed to surface for a while until malnutrition set in, green packets as I recall, a whole bottle of Encona couldn't render them palatable, or kill the taste.

11. Stop it, I've been in remission since 96... and right now I'd kill for a 24hr RAT PACK Menu E - BABIES HEADS!!!! and 'white' mars bar in arabic wrapping!

12. There seem to be a lot of the American MRE packs available but they may have strange food in them. There's these things on AMAZON

13. Negligent-Discharge

Ahh, the old rats. Boiled sweets guaranteed to crack your teeth and chewing gum that lost its taste after five chews.... as for Screech. I've seen a guy snort it for a giggle in the Mess. We giggled, matey didn't.

What's the worst you've had in a horror bag? Surely one of those cold sausage rolls and a bottle of blue pop.