Rations to be burned

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Shorty, Sep 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone of us could have told you that
  2. I loved the quote:

"The worker added: "There will be a cloud of smoke above Little Rock soon - of burned food, of anger and of shame that the world's richest nation couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery and lets Americans starve while they arrogantly observe petty regulations."

Brings back memories of the Soviet Union for me ...
  3. That treacle pudding will never burn! It's made from indestructable material. They should lend it to Nasa to make tiles for the outside of space rockets.

4. Or the (with apologies to) RTFQ version:

"The cloud of smoke hung above Little Rock - the stench of burned food was unbearable - but then a lone British Army soldier landed his glider, strolled casually across to the steaming mess and said....

...."More pepper!"

I just hope we sent them enough hexy blocks to do the job.
  5. So MREs are fit for human consumption. Presumably the calorie count and risk of morbid obesity were too low with Compo. :roll:
  6. Well at least they're to be destroyed because of a Spam cockup, not a home grown affair.
  7. I liked this, from later in the article: "There were 70 huge pallets of vegetarian MREs. They were from a foreign nation. We inspected them and then released them for distribution."

Having seen the effect that the things can have on the morale of non-vegetable British troops, I imagine that the people of New Orleans probably burnt them themselves.

8. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

My main concern with this piece is that you obviously read (look at?) the DAILY MIRROR. SHAME AND A PLAGUE OF LOCUSTS ON YOU!!
  9. how long before they start complain about a storage of rations for the troops?
  10. Only the SPAMS could be quite so stupid.
  11. Oh yes it does! I still have vivid memories of being splattered by burning drops of treacle as the sealed bags exploded in a burns pit.
  12. 307

307 War Hero

THEY'RE THE NEW PACKS WITH THE CURRY AND YORKIES IN TOO! Send them back, I'll have the curry. If they burn them I'd demand the money for them back, it was intended as aid but has been squandered, therefore we should get the money back, if that's how theyre gonna react. But you're right, they'll never defeat the burger in burger and beans or the fruit dumplings either!
  13. Only the Yanks, with their wonderful Multi Agency everything could possibly do this, their people are hungry and need decent rat packs that are sterile from all the nasties in the water.... and some pen pusher in some office, who i assume has not had the correct kick back, says it should all be destroyed.... so what are they going to feed these poor people with.... federal red tape??? I hope they find the cretin who is messing about with the incoming aid and humiliate them, make them resign and give them the appropriate job to their mind set, something like shoveling the proverbial in a farm yard some where........
  14. This probably comes down to the US Customs paranoia with foreign foodstuffs generally. They probably think the ratpack boil in the bags harbour BSE or bird flu

I remember the hooha that I caused when I flew in on an RAF flight with 120 other squaddies for an exercise with the yanks. When asked the question "Do you have any animal or vegetable foodstuffs on your person?" by an obnoxiuos customs officer I said "Yes Ive got a banana does that count?"

In all seriuosness they were telling me that I would have to fill in a form to bring it into the country. So I ate it in front of them and gave them the skin to get rid off then tried not to laugh and spray them in half chewed banana.