Rations and One Man One Day packs

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by pongo6863, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The other day a comrade-in-arms sent me a list of the menus in One Man One Day ration packs. It brought back a few memories - walking through the bungle sucking the contents out of a tube of condensed, milk for example - and I wondered what others remembered. :hungry:
    Am I the only ex-squaddy who doesn't like curry? :?
  2. Almost certainly.

Oatmeal blocks.
  3. They made good porridge if you left them overnight on your poncho so the dew would soften them. And there was all the extra protein too - flies, ants, woodlice... :)
  4. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

For those whose fonder memories are of 4- and 10-man compo packs, there is a thread in the RAC Forum.
  5. Give me Menu A with the chicken curry in it any day..please sir, no not the minging Menu B with kidneys..arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  6. I always wondered why the cheese was in a round tin, yet the biscuits were rectangular.

It was the Kraft advert that got me thinking this way.

7. Oh no!! I have to agree with a Crab!
  8. oi you forgot to salute :D

seriously I hated that steak and kidney pie :x

anyway which one was it that you didn't get the glucose sweets in??, you got fking nuts and raisons instead...Menu C I think, what was that all about :?
  9. No - Thousands of them just eat it because they think it is hard and manly.

I used to like it but now it can **** off until next time. :twisted:
  10. Yes, Yes you are....

You fcuking freak.
  11. common guys who doesn't remember porrige oats and choclate powder + coffee with powdered milk for brekkie (if ever there was time) on ex oooohhhhh the memories (or was it just me?)
  12. And biscuits brown, what the hell were they all about
  13. MFP (Mixed Fruit Pudding) was my favourite. I even used to look in the supermarkets to find something similar - which I did but it wasn't the same as the stuff that came in little gold tin of joy :D
  14. Memory lane for some:

Yes, its cheese possessed!!!

15. Don't remember which menu it was; but I did get a packet of nuts and raisins dated 1918 8O