Rations and One Man One Day packs

The other day a comrade-in-arms sent me a list of the menus in One Man One Day ration packs. It brought back a few memories - walking through the bungle sucking the contents out of a tube of condensed, milk for example - and I wondered what others remembered. :hungry:
Am I the only ex-squaddy who doesn't like curry? :?

pongo6863 said:
Almost certainly.

Oatmeal blocks.

They made good porridge if you left them overnight on your poncho so the dew would soften them. And there was all the extra protein too - flies, ants, woodlice... :)

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
For those whose fonder memories are of 4- and 10-man compo packs, there is a thread in the RAC Forum.

B

blindfire

Give me Menu A with the chicken curry in it any day..please sir, no not the minging Menu B with kidneys..arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I always wondered why the cheese was in a round tin, yet the biscuits were rectangular.

It was the Kraft advert that got me thinking this way.

You English are so clever. You make ze bread square so as to fit ze Kraft cheese slices.

B

blindfire

responder1 said:
blindfire said:
Give me Menu A with the chicken curry in it any day..please sir, no not the minging Menu B with kidneys..arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Oh no!! I have to agree with a Crab!
oi you forgot to salute :D

seriously I hated that steak and kidney pie :x

anyway which one was it that you didn't get the glucose sweets in??, you got fking nuts and raisons instead...Menu C I think, what was that all about :?

pongo6863 said:
No - Thousands of them just eat it because they think it is hard and manly.

I used to like it but now it can **** off until next time. :twisted:

common guys who doesn't remember porrige oats and choclate powder + coffee with powdered milk for brekkie (if ever there was time) on ex oooohhhhh the memories (or was it just me?)

MFP (Mixed Fruit Pudding) was my favourite. I even used to look in the supermarkets to find something similar - which I did but it wasn't the same as the stuff that came in little gold tin of joy :D

blindfire said:
anyway which one was it that you didn't get the glucose sweets in??, you got fking nuts and raisons instead...Menu C I think, what was that all about :?
Don't remember which menu it was; but I did get a packet of nuts and raisins dated 1918 8O

Closet_Jibber said:
No - Thousands of them just eat it because they think it is hard and manly.
Thank gawd for that! When I got a curry menu I'd swap it for any of the others - but preferably the beef stew. :eek:

treborre said:
MFP (Mixed Fruit Pudding) was my favourite. I even used to look in the supermarkets to find something similar - which I did but it wasn't the same as the stuff that came in little gold tin of joy :D
Has to be babies heads, nothing to beat it with some pom if you got it

chocolate_frog said:
pongo6863 said:
Yes, Yes you are....

You fcuking freak.
Now that's just unfair! My aversion to curry was triggered by a curry cooked by a girlfriend's mother. She (the girlfriend) had been born in Pakistan and I was promised a real, but mild, curry. I finished up, metaphorically speaking, lying on the draining board with my head under the tap! :cry:

pongo6863 said:
blindfire said:
Don't remember which menu it was; but I did get a packet of nuts and raisins dated 1918 8O
Menu A.