Rather Strange

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Polish, Mar 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On Friday 19th March 2010 I watched a number of Servicemen pick up their awards for Bravery. Now many of these awards where some highest that can be awarded. Now in the past these awards would have taken place in the Palace and been given out by a member of the Royal Family. Is this now a new thing that these awards are to be given out by the military.
  2. They were not given medals, they were given award certificates, there will be an awards investiture at a later date at the palace
  3. Correct 'tropper66', they were given citations as opposed to certificates.

BBC of course couldn't be bothered to report the location - Armoury House of The Honourable Artillery Company - and they invented: the Honourable Royal Artillery.

I suppose this was to be expected as the ceremony had no involvement of either 'Oaf' Brown or the chinless wonder Mandelson and no mention either of 'Mr' Ashcroft.
  4. Isquared, you really are a boring repetitive cunt. I'd vote Labour just to irritate you. And pay my TV licence twice.
  5. Boring and repetitive is precisely what the 'Oaf' Brown is and his propaganda department the BBC.

Vote Labour and suffer in silence.

If you don't care for the content of my posts, then do not read them - or as I suspect is the case, have them read to you.

BBC Radio 4 (Ministry of Propaganda & Misinformation - Dir Gen: P. Mandelson) is at present broadcasting Labour Party political broadcast featuring Mrs.'Windbag' Kinnock!

PS: I hope I have not repeated the news about Mrs. 'Windbag' Kinnock.
  6. I rest my case.
  7. Isquared is spot on.

How can Brown claim to respect the Armed Forces when he can't even get Regiment's names right?
  8. :?
  9. ........well, when Ol' Woggle Eye got up on his hind legs in the Commons on Wed 17 Mar and announced the tragic deaths of 2 from R Anglian, the Order of Battle suddenly had a new Regiment viz Royal Anglican.
  10. Dont forget the 2nd Parachute Regiment.
  11. Some people will defend the indefensible to the end. Hopefully we will see the end of an era shortly. But but I am not over confident. The only thing which gives me hope and encouragement for the future in the present circumstances is the courage and fortitude of our women and men in the armed forces.

See what I did there?
  12. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Just about every news organisation in this country has managed to make an abortion out of unit titles at one stage or other. Latest example;The Times (no less) puts Rifleman 'Ginge' Jacobs in the Yorkshire Regt. Not to mention describing the Rifles capbadge as the "Rifle Brigade".

Prime Ministers and politicians on the whole do better than most, but there are enough people actually serving in the Army who fluff Titles etc. One of my Rfn habitually insisted that he wanted to transfer to a cushy number in the "Intel" Corps.
  13. The media can be excused to some extent through ignorance and idleness, but politicians have no excuse as far as i'm concerned.
    I was disgusted when our glorious leader kept referring to the late CO of 1 WG as lootenant colonel Thorneloe whilst leading tributes in the House, and he wasn't the only one. F*cking disgraceful.