Rates of pay for Local vs Substantive Cpl

Help please. I've rejoined the Army Reserves, been promoted to the dizzy heights of L/Cpl and, last Sept (2017), completed my CLM course (again, deep joy!). At the time I was assured that I would pick up the second stripe imminently; seven months later and the story has changed:
Q1. I'm being told that I actually have to wait two years between being made Substantive L/Cpl and picking up Substantive Cpl.....is this correct?
Q2. I'm being promised 'Local Acting' Cpl in the meanwhile......is there such a thing as this or are 'Local' and 'Acting' different things?
Q3. Is there a difference in pay between Local (or Local/Acting) and Substantive Cpl?
To be fair to the unit, I am a bit of an anomaly. I arrived with 15 years regular/reserve service and had come out as a full screw. I just want to ensure that they are referencing the correct chapter and verse when they are quoting it to me.
Cheers.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Caveat. 30 years old.
Local rank provides neither pay, seniority nor pension rights.
Acting rank provides pay and pension rights but no seniority.
Substantive rank provides both pension rights and seniority

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Q3. Is there a difference in pay between Local (or Local/Acting) and Substantive Cpl?
To be fair to the unit, I am a bit of an anomaly. I arrived with 15 years regular/reserve service and had come out as a full screw. I just want to ensure that they are referencing the correct chapter and verse when they are quoting it to me.
Depends on things. If your personal case gave you (remembers) Mark Time Rate of Pay, you might stay at a current rate of pay until your circumstances caught up and you became entitled to more.

I remember the term but cannot certainly remember ever seeing it in the field. Sorry cannot help further.