Rat packs

Probably your garage ;)
Rations were never worth the effort.
Too bulky and as the MOD don't sell them privately if you were caught with them you must have nicked them.

Mufulira42

War Hero
Must be great to be a typical Brit Tom from the olden times, who would just scoff anything and not make a scene and bring attention to himself over something as basic as food, encouraged by the gentle words of ' Wind your neck in and Just fecking eat it, you mong C*nt. ' :cool:
IIRC the Rhodie/ Nyasa Federal Army followed British Army in many ways and introduced a 24hr ration for a patrol packaged in thin wood slats box and bound by wire and stapled closed. Just bigger portions of Vienna sausages, bully, dried potatoes, onions, generous amounts tea/coffee- "dog biscuits" and crackers, tinned cheese and some jam tubes if he Jam Stealers ":RNAOC" hadn't got around to 'inspecting contents of said flimsy box before shipping out to the noble lads keeping the Federation safe.

As mentioned before, if I were in charge of the wee *******, I'd be reluctant to give then ORP anyway - the content is not really meant for a 10yr old child.

Have you seen the backed up logs they produce in grown men? Imagine that in a child. Their hoop would look like Savile & Co had joined in the sleepover.
No 10 year olds in the Cadets, might be in the sea cadets, who don't get rat packs.

Plenty available on ebay! Not exactly cheap either but a plentiful supply coming from somewhere!
Out of date stock, not disposed of properly!

As mentioned before, if I were in charge of the wee *******, I'd be reluctant to give then ORP anyway - the content is not really meant for a 10yr old child.

Have you seen the backed up logs they produce in grown men? Imagine that in a child. Their hoop would look like Savile & Co had joined in the sleepover.

Many moons ago when Blur Vs Oasis were the rage
Ten man packs were utilised for easter arran camps
Golden Tins with bacon burgers beef burgers and of course sausages
Who needed boil in the bag when you had lardish contents

Out of date stock, not disposed of properly!
A lot of it is in date.
There are box loads lying around after big exercises.

No 10 year olds in the Cadets, might be in the sea cadets, who don't get rat packs.
Oh yes we do, have both 10 year olds & ORP although not many of the latter…

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Pfffft. Telic. 3 months on meatballs and pasta. I built a wall with unused ones.:(
Pfffft. Op Something something in Belize 2006. QM miscalculated, heavy fog and mass flash flooding meant no helis and Bedford's couldn't reach us for two days. Wasn't safe to leave the area, so cue tabbing back 20 miles to a now empty arty FOB and jumping into the skips to fight the rats for the binned ORP.

ugly

LE
Pfffft. Op Something something in Belize 2006. QM miscalculated, heavy fog and mass flash flooding meant no helis and Bedford's couldn't reach us for two days. Wasn't safe to leave the area, so cue tabbing back 20 miles to a now empty arty FOB and jumping into the skips to fight the rats for the binned ORP.
I remember following the coyotes around Wainwright as they would dig up the US badly filled in trenches looking for MRE’s but we were looking for 5.56 blank and any 30 round mags for our AR15’s as we only had 20 rd ones and almost no blank!

Eta, we did quite well but couldn’t convince anyone to try unopened MRE’s!

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I use to help run activity weekends for young people. We could comfortably overfeed them for all meals including snacks and drinks from Friday evening to post Sunday lunch for £15 a head. Im pretty sure a rat pack is a lot more expensive, and you'd need 2 :)

Can you tell me which cadet force ?
Sea Cadet Corps. Our Juniors start at 10 & there’s a plan for them to come in at 9.

We don’t receive shed loads of ORP, but just the other week the Royal Marine Cadets we’re having a lesson where they were cooking & eating the contents of a couple of packs.

chimera

LE

Daz

LE

Latest Threads