Rat packs in the 80's

Sorry to bother, but bijou discussion in the office (many retired officers) what were the main meals in the above? Got chicken sublime, babies heads, and that indeterminable mince - but what were the remainder? Apparently there were only four choices, I seem to remember 8 or was that pooches appeared?

Was there chicken curry and rice?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Sorry to bother, but bijou discussion in the office (many retired officers) what were the main meals in the above? Got chicken sublime, babies heads, and that indeterminable mince - but what were the remainder? Apparently there were only four choices, I seem to remember 8 or was that pooches appeared?
Bet if you used the search you'd find out.

Fill yer boots you idle lizard.....

None of that changed much until GP ration packs came in. Those were lovely.

LARD

War Hero
Don't forget the 'Cheese Possessed' in the ten-man packs....... Marvellous stuff. Nomnomnom..

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't forget the 'Cheese Possessed' in the ten-man packs....... Marvellous stuff. Nomnomnom..
I recall that everyone seemed to like the tins of conner in those ten-man packs too.

MsG

I wonder if there will ever be a time when people on this site will decide that they have completely exhausted all the possibilities for discussion on the subject of compo?

I wonder if there will ever be a time when people on this site will decide that they have completely exhausted all the possibilities for discussion on the subject of compo?
Have we had one on the best colour of the Spangles? If so then we must be getting close to the edge.

Not a chance Provo. WE all miss the ruddy stuff.......

Not a chance Provo. WE all miss the ruddy stuff.......
Yeah. I definitely do. Especially the GP ration packs - those ******* would be nice for a wee hike in the various mountains that litter the ground not far from me.

Red, also I am too young to remember the tubes of milk... however IMHO the best tin cold was the chicken.... other than oat biscuits obvs....

I have just been told that there used to be salmon... is that really true, was an ex REME that told me...

Yep. That's what we used to lob at the vegetarians (mainly female) on OTC weekend camps when they asked "what's the vegetarian option Sgt Major?". Bloody students!:smile:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ted Bear Weapons, Equipment & Rations 23
B Cookery 39
Fireplace The NAAFI Bar 20