Rat packs in the 80's

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by DogsAndMonsters, Feb 6, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry to bother, but bijou discussion in the office (many retired officers) what were the main meals in the above? Got chicken sublime, babies heads, and that indeterminable mince - but what were the remainder? Apparently there were only four choices, I seem to remember 8 or was that pooches appeared?

2. Was there chicken curry and rice?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bet if you used the search you'd find out.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1

4. Fill yer boots you idle lizard.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. None of that changed much until GP ration packs came in. Those were lovely.

6. Don't forget the 'Cheese Possessed' in the ten-man packs....... Marvellous stuff. Nomnomnom..

• Like Like x 6
  7. Too kind, what was the difference between bacon burger and bacon grill though?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Oh Nooooo STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD...........don't start that argument again pleeeeease

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  9. DaManBugs

DaManBugs On ROPs Book Reviewer

I recall that everyone seemed to like the tins of conner in those ten-man packs too.

MsG

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 2
  10. And the pilchards.......

• Like Like x 1
  11. I wonder if there will ever be a time when people on this site will decide that they have completely exhausted all the possibilities for discussion on the subject of compo?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Have we had one on the best colour of the Spangles? If so then we must be getting close to the edge.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not a chance Provo. WE all miss the ruddy stuff.......

14. Could never get the wrapper of the buggers - always sticky as a sticky thing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah. I definitely do. Especially the GP ration packs - those ******* would be nice for a wee hike in the various mountains that litter the ground not far from me.