Rat Pack seasoning

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by homicidal_bob, Dec 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All

I dont know if this has been done before or not, and if it has then my apologies.

I would like to know what everyone takes into the field with them to make the boil in the bags taste better.

From Tobasco & Worcestershire Sauce to Chilli and Curry powder.

2. HP + crackers
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You love the smell of napalm in the morning ?
  4. Garlic.....................simples!
  5. a few marks for sir wolfgangs bratty wagon back in the day!
  6. Brandy.

After a while, you just don't care.
  7. Obviously the Tabasco, a full bottle- even though its included in the new packs, whats there is barely enough for breakfast.
    Pepper is always good too, some black ground. Pretty much anything really, on vehicles tins of peas and other veg are good to fill meals out for all-ins. Once you have the bulk, whatever you put on it wont hide the taste anyway. Nice to take one or two onions too, chop them up nicely and throw them into everything- except that damn treacle track pad. Not much can be done to improve it, rather than beginning to boil it three days before you plan to eat it, but I doubt onions would help.
    Stick with Tabasco for that.
  8. Oh, and a bottle of Baileys, to season the brew kit.

(For season, read 'replace')
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Oxo cubes,crumple into the stew or as a drink.
    Chili flakes,add to the curry or the pasts.
    Parmasan cheese,(the stuff in the tub) add to pasta. (or simply add knob cheese)
    Soy /Tomato/brown ect aauce sachets from Pot Poodles,again add to the stew.
    Worcester sauce,As above but in one of the empty tiny Tabasco bottles,same with the soy if you dont eat Pot Poodles.
  10. When on mounted exercise it would have to be a few loaves of long-life bread and some processed cheese squares for a half decent sandwich lunch. And UHT for brews.

Mounted or dismounted a jar of Nescafe as the issue coffee is an abomination. And tabasco/chilli obviously.
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Give the man a Michelin Star!
  12. Monosodium Glutamate instead of salt (works wonders) and if you have a few minutes spare, buy a needle and syringe, take out the tobasco in the little bottles of hot sauce and replace it with the Hanbero tobasco, saves weight (or if you're like me, smashing a bottle on every ex.) and because it's much stronger you don't need as much anyway.

A stick of thick peperoni is always good, you can munch on it as is, or hack off chunks into your dinner.

Failing that, a mobile phone, a pizza company with a good sense of direction, and a 'night patrol' that happens to go past a road.