Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rat Killing

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I have some rats in my garden that are interfering with the birds that I love to feed and watch. I have half a dozen air rifles but all are unavailable due to divorce proceedings, access etc.

Landowners 'humane' traps aren't working.

All my air rifles are springer 'classics' (BSA Airsporters, Original Mod 50, Weihrauchs various) so I'm after something PCP and have my eye on a second hand 'mint' Brocock Concept Super 6 in .22 (I won't entertain .177).

It's on the list as £395 including a Nikko 4x40 Mount Master. I've asked him to throw in a mod too.

Views?

ugly

LE
Pussy, the smallest I use is a 9mm rimfire shotgun!
Its the bird feed that brings the rats, consider feed balls and an anti rat/squirrel bird table

Stop throwing your half eaten kebabs outside when you go for a p1ss.

Contact D Evans in Farnborough, he will rent you a trained eagle owl for a couple of nights

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Much as I dislike PMTM, I think you should at least allow the 1922 Committee some time to work its processes before going to such extremes.

Got a nice Canadian single barrel Cooey in .410. I reload brass shells made from 303 cases annealed and fire formed in the gun. Good medicine for rodents. Except they can breed faster than I can shoot 'em.

mrboo

War Hero
You should have a look at pcp .177 .It is definitely the way to go .
The rules in this country for the energy of an air weapon makes a .22 ineffective as a affective way of pest control . I could get into the pros and cons of a fast moving but lees heavy object over a slower but heaver one . But google will explain it better than me . Having used both the .177 has far better accuracy with a much flatter trajectory and on a head shot for a rabbit will give a in one side out the other .

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Pussy, the smallest I use is a 9mm rimfire shotgun!
Its the bird feed that brings the rats, consider feed balls and an anti rat/squirrel bird table
Got both ta.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, yes, yes.

But about the Brocock?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

mrboo

War Hero
Kral Arms Puncher Armour .177 Air Rifle

Snap 2019-05-07 at 22.23.01.png

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I hate PCP`s , leaky `kin things , have you ever seen the lockwork on some of them ? they make a Swiss watch look simple , .22LR or 9mm/.410 is better.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I didn't say cheap, You can get a good PCP for less than you think you can. Mine cost £500
I didn't say cheap, You can get a good PCP for less than you think you can. Mine cost £500
Ok - the Brocock with a scope is £395.....

I think I said that up front.

Latest Threads