Rat In Mi Cockpit, What Am I Gonna Do...

NSP

LE
"Air India plane forced to turn back after rat spotted on board."
Air India plane forced to turn back after rat spotted on board

"An Air India plane flying to London has been forced to return to Mumbai after passengers spotted a rat on board. Although the rat was not found, the pilot returned to Mumbai on Wednesday with passenger safety in mind. Passengers were later flown by a separate aircraft to London."

I've been to Mumbai and the rats there are pretty hard to miss, being as big, if not bigger, than the average domestic cat. I guess it debussed immediately on landing and scooted back into the turd-encrusted slumhole it originally snuck out of, then.

"An Air India plane flying to London has been forced to return to Mumbai after passengers spotted a rat on board. Although the rat was not found, the pilot returned to Mumbai on Wednesday with passenger safety in mind. Passengers were later flown by a separate aircraft to London."

I've been to Mumbai and the rats there are pretty hard to miss, being as big, if not bigger, than the average domestic cat. I guess it debussed immediately on landing and scooted back into the turd-encrusted slumhole it originally snuck out of, then.
I'm glad they used a different plane to fly to London, there are enough Indian rats in the UK

NSP

LE
Last edited:

Possibly - unless its nesting in the insulation, snacking on dropped food and cable insulation.
Of course some poor bastard armed with nothing more than a mini Maglite and small mirror now has to crawl in and inspect every nook and cranny. Praying that at no point does he find what is likely to be a large frightened and psychotic ball of fur and that he is now blocking its only way out.

NSP

LE
Possibly - unless its nesting in the insulation, snacking on dropped food and cable insulation.
Of course some poor bastard armed with nothing more than a mini Maglite and small mirror now has to crawl in and inspect every nook and cranny. Praying that at no point does he find what is likely to be a large frightened and psychotic ball of fur and that he is now blocking its only way out.
Radio says the 'plane was fumigated. If they don't find the carcass would anyone actually notice the smell, though?

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
@earth will be along soon to defend/proclaim this latest sub-continental achievement.

I'm guessing so, since you tagged him in your post as well as the tags in the thread tools.

All I will say is, don't expect much action (from me at least) if he starts trolling your ass!

Similarly, if this goes the same way as the million other India threads, I'll likely merge them. Just so you know.

I'm guessing so, since you tagged him in your post as well as the tags in the thread tools.

All I will say is, don't expect much action (from me at least) if he starts trolling your ass!

Similarly, if this goes the same way as the million other India threads, I'll likely merge them. Just so you know.
Please, as a New Year present, lock any thread that involves earth/matter and India.

BratMedic

RIP
RIP
I'm surprised they notice anything being up to their ailerons in shite.

NSP

LE
He's not had much luck with that so far so I won't quite start shitting meself just yet. Not in the street, any road.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
hahahahahahahahahha
Air India flight from Mumbai to Londonistan was turned back after passengers spotted a rat running loose
they get on board with the catering supplies

happy new year
Air India flight turns back after rat spotted on board - BBC News
_87432534_b07ca0ed-11da-40bf-b9de-2ac12c384d25.jpg

Bloody hell. Not again.

Happens to the best airlines, not just Air india. Just before Christmas I had to do an inspection of the lower lobe (forward cargo hold and avionics bay) structure on a Boeing 757 of a wellknown European airline. I found rat and mouse droppings in several places behind the sidewall panels in the cargo hold and in the avionics bay. I also found an old glue type mouse trap in the avionices bay (but no mouse stuck on it), so somebody must have been aware of the problem. Of course, I wrote it up.
Rats and mice create three kinds of problems on a plane:
a) The health issue concering food
b) They like to chew stuff like the insulation of electric wires
c) Their urine is quite corrosive for aluminium structure.

The only way get rid of them is to fumigate the aircraft but then you'd still have the dead animal somewhere. Usually on passenger planes there are lots of food leftovers under the galleys (only accesible when the galley gets removed) and behind the passenger compartment sidewall panels (don't ask me how the passengers manage to get stuff behind them). Passenger planes after a few years are outright manky!

Don't let me talk about cockroaches on planes!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Happens to the best airlines, not just Air india. Just before Christmas I had to do an inspection of the lower lobe (forward cargo hold and avionics bay) structure on a Boeing 757 of a wellknown European airline. I found rat and mouse droppings in several places behind the sidewall panels in the cargo hold and in the avionics bay. I also found an old glue type mouse trap in the avionices bay (but no mouse stuck on it), so somebody must have been aware of the problem. Of course, I wrote it up.
Rats and mice create three kinds of problems on a plane:
a) The health issue concering food
b) They like to chew stuff like the insulation of electric wires
c) Their urine is quite corrosive for aluminium structure.

The only way get rid of them is to fumigate the aircraft but then you'd still have the dead animal somewhere. Usually on passenger planes there are lots of food leftovers under the galleys (only accesible when the galley gets removed) and behind the passenger compartment sidewall panels (don't ask me how the passengers manage to get stuff behind them). Passenger planes after a few years are outright manky!

Don't let me talk about cockroaches on planes!
But not in business class of course.