RASS-What Acts would you like to see

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Flyingrockdj, Mar 1, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

Go on, if you you don't mind using this for a bit of audience research!
    What would you like to see and what would you not like to see, booking acts can be prety hit and miss, contribute your ideas and we'll see what we can do. Bear in mind it is an Anglo German show so we do have to have some gurhkin cruncher acts.
    Make a difference, we might then book 'em, and blame you if it's shiot  

2. FRDJ- Which year are we talking about? I understand that this years acts are already booked and if they are not, bearing in mind that the RASS is in May, does it matter what anyone wants?
    I think what needs to be asked is what format do we want for the RASS? Why cant we just have a pop concert? Do we want a big village fete and a pop concert?
    From its original concept, It has changed a lot and I get the feeling it is moving towards a fairground with bars during the day, with pop stars from the 80s during the evening. Maybe I am wrong, Was anyone else aware that Brit Army and Welfare stands are now pushed to the outskirts of the showground and charged for their pitches? RASS is a commercial project now so let it happen on civvy land, with civvy people setting it up and running it and all the profits going to civvys who organise it and the 2nd rate entertainment who are only too happy to take our money because the Blackpool Winter Gardens are closed.
    Give us Robbie Williams, Travis, Manic etc. If people are really interested in what we want. However lets first decide what the RASS is.
    p.s Nothing personal against the question poser; first time I have seen the question posed.

3. How about the "California Dream Men"?  :eek:  ;D  :D

4. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

We are involved purely in an advisory capacity. Profit goes to service charities, it is run by 20th Armd bde who do subcontract some functions.
    It is a Family show, not a day out for yobs, bear that in mind !
    Suggest and we will find, the idea this year is that as it's the jubilee we do an oldies day on the monday with as many geriatric rockers as we can squeeze on the stage and with top notch acts on sat n sun, remember that if you want festival you pay big dosh to get in(this years Glastonbury one day tickets £120 each!) wheras we try to get acts within budget to appeal to all age ranges and tastes, remember that some acts do have an ethical problem with appearing with hm forces(Manics!, Oasis) and some people are interested(robbie) but only if it is rescheduled to suit them.
    Suggest acts and we will see what we can do.
    If you want to whinge about the way it is run, use your change of command.

5. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

GENERAL JACKSON TAKING HIS FACE FOR AN IRON. ;D ;D

6. The Beatles!!!!

7. Or the Doors!

8. Marc Bolan!!!!

9. Spike Milligan. (RIP..........One of my Heroes)

10. Charlie Chaplin

11. The Piano player from the Hotel in Genoa!!!!!

Best inpromptu Karaoke session I've had. Wouldn't you agree FRDJ.

12. DAVID BECKHAM....with his clothes off...............and a di*kie bow on the end of his n*b!!  And his missus strapped to a canon ball - ready to be set off!!

That would be fun, would'nt it?????

13. Victoria comes downstairs one morning to find David scratching his head sitting at the kitchen table.
    "Give me a hand with this Tiger Puzzle" says David.
    "Put the Frosties back in the Packet!" says Mrs Beckham.

14. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Murph, that was pap....

15. "GENERAL JACKSON TAKING HIS FACE FOR AN IRON."

Wouldn't pay to see it GQ but it was *****ng funny!  ;D