Rapidshare, Hotfile, Sharing Matrix etc???

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by carlbcfc, Jun 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Never did work out how to download these type of files. I have access to the files I want, but not a clue how to get them to the PC.

Anybody know how this works? Is it free?

2. This can be quite daunting for a beginner.

The sites you mention offer two types of download.

Normal and Premium.

Normal speed is free but very slow.

Premium is fast but you hand over your CC details. (mmm. I wouldn't)

The files are usually downloaded onto your HDD as "RAR" files and you will need a 3rd Party programme to read these.

A favourite is (7 Zip) 7 Zip. Safe Link but there are others.

The easiest (and free) way, is to go to a torrent website. Lots use (utorrent) u torrent safe link but again there are others.

Once you have downloaded your torrent sofware choice and run the application, you vist a site that offers free torrents. Many peeps use (bt junkie) another safe link but there are 1000's of these sites.

Once you have chosen your film/music/software for download and clicked on it, your torrent software should kick in by default, or you will be asked to choose one, and this will handle the download for you.

The download speed will depend on your broadband speed (Do not attempt this malarky with a dial up connection) and if you get cut off, accidently turn off your PC, or the damn dog trips over your power lead and unplugs you it doesn't matter, as the next time you are online and activate your torrent software it will resume as if nothing were amiss.

It all sounds a bit complicated, and it can be. Just remember where you are downloading the files, the best bet is to have a dedicated folder, call it torrent downloads or something similar.

Remember though that file sharing can be illegal :wink:
  3. Cheers. I forgot to add though. I am experienced with torrents and rar files. It is just the files I am after are all in these rapidshare, hotfile etc.. links. How do I download these links?

I have just checked TPB, and I'll try and get what I am after (xbox360 games) though this method.
  4. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

They all have free vs premium download buttons on their pages and see above for options.

If, on the other hand, you want to upload stuff, change the name to something not easily recognisable and use Mediafire as they let you download a whole lot of stuff without waiting ages between downloads.

Or so I have heard...
  5. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Apparently, this is by far the best tool for downloading rapidshare, megaupload, hotfile, sharing matrix etc etc

It monitors the clipboard so when you copy the link location from either a blog, forum or the address bar it puts it into its download queue and bobs your uncle

Someone told me that this is rather a good site for getting those links

6. Thanks for that, it seems to be working. 15 min wait between each file is a pain, but it is free.
  7. If you had read the article you would have seen what I added you feckin' moron.
  8. sunami = idiot

I suggest you ignore this ("I would stay well away from torrent sites") No Mark. He/She/It is probabably an Internet Cop.

The twat adds nothing.

To the OP (carlbcfc) any probs PM me.
  9. [​IMG]

10. I downloaded the entire BBC WW1 series via rapidshare. Paid about £6.49 for premium user, valid for a month. Can open up a few browsers and download 4 files simultaneously.

No problems with billing and payment - from rapidshare premium user account, not a site
  11. Maybe I should buy the premium and bash the shite out of it for 1 month.
  12. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

if you pay for a rapid premium account, say for a year you can use the FRD programme I posted above to download a great big stack of downloads simultaneously

The premium account allows multiple download sessions per IP address and more importantly, high speed, usually up to the full download speed your link can handle and because it is not a torrent, any traffic shaping is inefective

Get FRD, get a premium account and get going