Rape trial for Royal Navy Petty Officer

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by skintboymike, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/6420903.stm

Apparently the Navy have someone heterosexual on their books, that IS news.

And another thing, why highlight the fact that she was double the drink drive limit? She wasn't going to be doing much driving in the middle of Meditteranean Sea, was she?

2. That's where the rapist belongs, on the sea bed

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

The biggest suprise is that he was a Chief Medical Assistant. MA's are, by the customs and traditions of the Service, all as bent as Julian Clairy in a particularly queer mood.

4. He wasn't a Petty Officer. He was a Chief Petty Officer.

The fact that she was double the drink drive limit is because the Navy take a very dim view of people being drunk onboard ships that are at sea.

I don't condone what happened one bit however one has to consider if this would've have happened if she hadn't been drinking?

The cnut deserved a longer sentence in my opinion anyway...

5. A strange way for the BBC to phrase this comment :

This is believed to be the first time a navy petty officer has faced a trial accused of raping a female colleague

6. Maybe they need a Drink Sailing Limit perhaps?

7. The Royal Fleet Auxiliary and the Merchant Navy routinely breathalyse bods on board.

8. Methinks that one flew by the window somewhat unnoticed.

9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Captain Haddock would be stuffed in that case

10. Being a bit petty there, aren't we?

11. Mate, you can make as many puns as you want but I don't think this story is appropriate for them. And they're fcuking stupid as well.

12. I was mildly cross that the accuser and ships identity were allowed to remain anonymous, but it was ok for him to have his identity revealed to the whole world.
    Sure he is now guilty and is in for a nasty few years - BUT what would have happened if he was found not guilty? His reputation would have still been in tatters and the accuser would have walked away scot free - is it not time for all persons involved in rape cases to be entitled to anonymity until such point as the defendant is found guilty?

13. This same question genrally pops up whenever anyone in a high profile position gets accused. I reckon all round anonymity is the only answer.

14. Agreed. I was invloved with a number of 'rape' cases as a police officer and most of them were totally unfounded lies/bollocks.