Rap Guru wants offensive words banned from Rap Music.....

#1
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Surely the very raison d'etre of rap is to offend and cause mayhem. Like Punk in its day.Where would this fine artform be if it wasn't for the odd bad word?

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Prominent U.S. hip-hop executive Russell Simmons on Monday recommended eliminating the words "bitch," "ho" and "nigger" from the recording industry, considering them "extreme curse words."
See yet another nail in the coffin or freedom of artistic expression here....

Yahoo rap shock report

discuss......
 
#2
I have been listening to rap and hip-hop for a while now, and it hasn't altered my perception of what is or is not offensive.

And all my bitches and ho's agree.
 
#3
Lucky_Jim said:
I have been listening to rap and hip-hop for a while now, and it hasn't altered my perception of what is or is not offensive.

And all my bitches and ho's agree.
WRT the intial post's quote, I note you have no niggers, or do they just not agree with you, masser?
 
#4
Russel Simmons is a bit of a strange character anyway. Considering his main source of income is 'the rap game', he is extremely religious, so Im not exactly surprised he want offensive words banned.
He wasnt complaining when he was making his fortune from the very same rap artists he is now trying to censor.

Now, where my hoe's at.
 
#5
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
WRT the intial post's quote, I note you have no niggers
No, unfortunately the ship foundered on rocks off Cornwall. Cost me a packet, I can tell you. Have to wait months for the next shipment.

But really - it was a light-hearted posting, meant to be read as such. An omission isn't such a crime really, is it?
 
#6
Lucky_Jim said:
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
WRT the intial post's quote, I note you have no niggers
No, unfortunately the ship foundered on rocks off Cornwall. Cost me a packet, I can tell you. Have to wait months for the next shipment.

But really - it was a light-hearted posting, meant to be read as such. An omission isn't such a crime really, is it?
Bloody racist! Ommiting niggers in a lighthearted post! :wink:
 
#7
To me, anything after Rapper's Delight (Sugar Hill Gang) is an anachronism. It was all downhill after that.

Those chaps knew how to have a good time without using naughty words on vynl, oh yes!

The liked "hot butter on our breakfast toast"

i dont mean to brag i dont mean to boast
but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast
...such simple aspirations! Oh for those times again....


...and then more talk of food, even if the grammar is suspect, at least I can understand what they mean. Well some of da versis n e way...

have you ever went over a friends house to eat
and the food just aint no good
i mean the macaroni's soggy the peas are mushed
and the chicken tastes like wood
...and no talk of ho's here, oh no, "foxy laydeez" , and "pretty girls"if you will, how very quaint:

well, my name is known all over the world
by all the foxy ladies and the pretty girls
i'm goin down in history
as the baddest rapper there could ever be
...and somehow, in the halcion days of the late 70's at the very tail end of the "disco" era it all made so much sense.....enjoy:

i said a hip hop a hippie to the hippie
to the hip hip hop, you dont stop
a rockin to the bang bang boogy say upchuck the boogy,
to the rhythm of the boogity beat.
Well, that'ts my view, and I'm sticking to it :cheers:
 
#8
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
Lucky_Jim said:
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
WRT the intial post's quote, I note you have no niggers
No, unfortunately the ship foundered on rocks off Cornwall. Cost me a packet, I can tell you. Have to wait months for the next shipment.

But really - it was a light-hearted posting, meant to be read as such. An omission isn't such a crime really, is it?
Bloody racist! Ommiting niggers in a lighthearted post! :wink:
Now I get you!!!

(Sorry, I'm getting old)
 
#9
Lucky_Jim said:
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
Lucky_Jim said:
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
WRT the intial post's quote, I note you have no niggers
No, unfortunately the ship foundered on rocks off Cornwall. Cost me a packet, I can tell you. Have to wait months for the next shipment.

But really - it was a light-hearted posting, meant to be read as such. An omission isn't such a crime really, is it?
Bloody racist! Ommiting niggers in a lighthearted post! :wink:
Now I get you!!!

(Sorry, I'm getting old)
Well, it's late and matron hasn't been round with the pills yet either here... :roll:
 
#12
Is your matron as strict as mine with toilet training?

Things can get a bit, well, out of hand here. <ooer, Matron>
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads