Rap Guru wants offensive words banned from Rap Music.....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by londonirish, Apr 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Surely the very raison d'etre of rap is to offend and cause mayhem. Like Punk in its day.Where would this fine artform be if it wasn't for the odd bad word?

See yet another nail in the coffin or freedom of artistic expression here....

Yahoo rap shock report

2. I have been listening to rap and hip-hop for a while now, and it hasn't altered my perception of what is or is not offensive.

And all my bitches and ho's agree.
  3. WRT the intial post's quote, I note you have no niggers, or do they just not agree with you, masser?
  4. Russel Simmons is a bit of a strange character anyway. Considering his main source of income is 'the rap game', he is extremely religious, so Im not exactly surprised he want offensive words banned.
    He wasnt complaining when he was making his fortune from the very same rap artists he is now trying to censor.

Now, where my hoe's at.
  5. No, unfortunately the ship foundered on rocks off Cornwall. Cost me a packet, I can tell you. Have to wait months for the next shipment.

But really - it was a light-hearted posting, meant to be read as such. An omission isn't such a crime really, is it?
  6. Bloody racist! Ommiting niggers in a lighthearted post! :wink:
  7. To me, anything after Rapper's Delight (Sugar Hill Gang) is an anachronism. It was all downhill after that.

Those chaps knew how to have a good time without using naughty words on vynl, oh yes!

The liked "hot butter on our breakfast toast"

...such simple aspirations! Oh for those times again....

...and then more talk of food, even if the grammar is suspect, at least I can understand what they mean. Well some of da versis n e way...

...and no talk of ho's here, oh no, "foxy laydeez" , and "pretty girls"if you will, how very quaint:

...and somehow, in the halcion days of the late 70's at the very tail end of the "disco" era it all made so much sense.....enjoy:

Well, that'ts my view, and I'm sticking to it :cheers:
  8. Now I get you!!!

(Sorry, I'm getting old)
  9. Well, it's late and matron hasn't been round with the pills yet either here... :roll:
  10. Oh, come on, why the rolling eyes?
  11. What do you think the sh@gging pills are for that I'm waiting for from matron!
  12. Is your matron as strict as mine with toilet training?

Things can get a bit, well, out of hand here. <ooer, Matron>