Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAOC remembrance 2018

Sir Mare

Crow
Evening Gents

My old Granda is losing his marbles. He can't remember he told me all about his dog but can still remember the lay out of Lisburn in the 70's. I want to take him to the Cenotaph next year for the proper big boys parade on the telly. I was just wondering is there an association that I have to register with etc. I was also wondering if there are any RAOC old boys who might know him as it might make the day easier if he had some of his lads around him.

Evening Gents

My old Granda is losing his marbles. He can't remember he told me all about his dog but can still remember the lay out of Lisburn in the 70's. I want to take him to the Cenotaph next year for the proper big boys parade on the telly. I was just wondering is there an association that I have to register with etc. I was also wondering if there are any RAOC old boys who might know him as it might make the day easier if he had some of his lads around him.

My Grandfather was part of the RAOC association before he passed away in 2011. He left the army in 1976 and didn't join them until after 2000, people still remembered him. They used to have at least one dinner a year where they used to drink the young and handsome Stacker1 under the table at Bicester, I have no idea if it still happens.

A possible useful link
RAOC Association - British Army Website

My Dad used to go every year or every other year, and people used to remember him ( he passed away last year). Saying that though, he was recognized by a guy in Asda in Hull who he’d served with 20 years previously. He loved the Rag And Oil Company do

Sir Mare

Crow
A few of them had a get together in Blandford many moons ago and I mentioned the old boy. One old boy knew him but they got me so drunk I can't remember **** all apart from that.

A few of them had a get together in Blandford many moons ago and I mentioned the old boy. One old boy knew him but they got me so drunk I can't remember **** all apart from that.

Temperance is next to godliness. If you`d drank less alcohol you might know who you are now.

My Grandfather was part of the RAOC association before he passed away in 2011. He left the army in 1976 and didn't join them until after 2000, people still remembered him. They used to have at least one dinner a year where they used to drink the young and handsome Stacker1 under the table at Bicester, I have no idea if it still happens.

A possible useful link
RAOC Association - British Army Website

If you/he joins the association they will have a number of spaces to attend the Cenotaph.

Evening Gents

Apologies for the thread resurrection but if you get him (and you as it might be worth begging a place as his carer) as members of the RAOC online branch, RAOC Online we normally have a contingent at London. However the Legion has placed a priority on the tickets so veterans with campaign medals take priority, then down the line to civilians with nothing.

Might also be worth looking at any operational branches if your Grandad has served in conflict zones, NI Vets, Aden etc.

Hope this helps and hope he can get to London.

Sir Mare

Crow
Just to let you know. He passed away last week. His mind was melted and couldn't remember the day of the week but he could still tell me about NI back in the day. Lost a great man a better soldier than I. Thanks to all who responded.

Latest Threads