Ranulph Fiennes - Is there no stopping this man?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Infiltrator, Jul 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard on the radio that he has said that he is going to have another crack at Everest. It's only nearly killed him twice already, but he says that this will be a low key affair and that he sees it at a personal challenge now!

Feck me, I'm sure that when Gerry Anderson created Captain Scarlett he would have done worse than to have modelled him on Ran.

Sniffing around for a link....

2. Fair play to the fella. I wonder if he'll take the challenge too far and end up topping himself just to try and do it!

3. He was a bad boy on top gear! Top man.

4. The bloke's nuttier that squirrel sh1t! :lol:

I want a cople of kilos of whatever he's on please :D

5. How many toes is he down to now? He'll be in the record books for that if nothing else.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He's not got plans to pass from this world with a drooling, alzeimers whimper, but with style and doing something far younger bods would fail at. I really hope he makes the summit, and if he doesn't, that he has a crack at something else instead - three times not doing it is his body REALLY saying "FFS bloke, give me a break!"

7. I'm afraid not - saw a programme not so long ago where a double leg amputee reached the summit!

8. Telegraph

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Blokes a nutter! He was one of 'them' was'nt he? (Only asking cause I'm too pished & tired to look meself...)
    Spike

10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Celebrating a new job after 4 months on the dole.
    Just topping up after last nite... :D

11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

You wanna Ice or a Blonde with that? :p

12. Wasn't Fiennes RTU'd from the Hereford area for taking some spare PE4 and using it to demolish a film set that was casting a blight on an area of outstanding natural beauty? ISTR he said as much on Top Gear shortly before explaining how to amputate frost-bitten fingers with a Black and Decker jigsaw in the comfort of your own shed.

13. Spike,good on ya fella with the job.

14. Blew up a film set at Castle Coombe memory says.
    john

15. Sadly I suspect after the death of his missus the bloke could be going for suicide by adventure!!!