Rankings

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by pixelpanic, Jun 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I'm thinking of joining the Army
    But theres a few things that I'm just unsure about.

Say if I eventually get promoted to Lance Corpral or Corpral etc can I at a later date change to becomming like an Officer?
    Or is it just simply two different roles etc, if not how does that work?

How do Army ranks compaire to actual ranks in terms of whos higher etc?

2. I call Wah!

3. i suggest you do a bit of research before asking fucking twad...

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

And it's a shoite one at that.

5. What I mean is you can join up as a regular solider or an officer. Say if I join as a regular then get some experiance maybe a promotion, can I later change over to becomming a commissioned officer. As thats what's confusing me.
    That and the difference between the rankings for commissioned and non.

And yes I have done research in this, and this is the only bit i'm confused about

6. Yes you can. Many have gone down that route. You'll have to pass a commission board first to see if you're suitable.

7. HHH

HHH LE

General is the lowest rank, if you meet any, they have to about face and double away, otherwise you're within your rights charge them with "conduct unbecoming"

8. Thats all I wanted to know. Then I seem to get abused, nice way to treat people, real nice.
    Normaly if someone don't understand something they normally ask for help...........

9. The problem is old chum, you need to learn to write and spell the Queen's English.

10. HHH

HHH LE

Not if he goes straight in as the CDS!!!

11. Well whats the CDS

12. The CDs is what you buy in The HMV Store

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I thought that you'd done some of your own research.

CDS = Chief of the Defence Staff. The most senior of all the grown-ups.

14. Precious!!!

15. The simple answer is that, yes you can - but it is not a common route.

Normally people either join up as a soldier, OR as an officer.

I know of someone who joined the Royal Signals, got his trade, then after time became a Corporal. Later, he went to sandhurst and became an officer. Now he is a serving Captain with the Royal Signals. However, this is not common and quite frankly it takes a pretty special character.

You can visit the MOD army website to learn about the rank structure, and all about recruitment. You can also visit your nearest Army Carears Information Office for a chat and put loads of questions to them.