Rank Slides

Discussion in 'Officers' started by annony_mouse, Oct 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do any of you fine gentlemen know where I could purchase rank slides, from a company which would sew on my unit Initials. Rather than simply my rank......I need them sometime soon and the unit have none, leaving me to look rather silly....having to tell people I'm SF.

Thank you

2. Wow, are you really SF?
    Can I have your autograph?

3. This just has to be a WAH!

4. Possibly a walt, but probably a wah...hook, meet bait...

5. Hello All Stations this is Ghostie... Standby for Incoming... Wait Out

:D

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Excellent, I had to post, just so I can keep up with the replies.

Which part of the country are you in Mr Mouse

7. I am special fxckwit I need them too!

8. I want to be an SAS man too but i don't have a name like Baz or Wings or Dinger.

9. In fact, i nearly did once. I'd decided after several pints of wife beater that i was more than man enough for the job and i'd have a stab at 'shelecshun'. My resolve had not been dampened whilst still in the throws of a hangover so decided to start training. I began by getting a black boiler suit and coloured in the lenses of my respirator with a black marker and proped in on top of my head as if i'd just had a hard morning's training in 'the house'. Then, time to start 'cutting' around 'the lines' acknowledging the OC, sorry 'Kev', with a surley nod before going to confront the CO 'Boss' and just letting him know that his management plan is, in fact, 'outrageous'.

Then i reliased i was a pie munching drunkard and not a potential steely eyed bringer of death, it was good while it lasted though.

10. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Oddly enough, I knew a TA SAS SSgt called Dinger who wrote 'SAS' on his rank slides with biro when he lost his issued set :lol:

11. Don't be cruel, he's probably in the Somerset Fusiliers

12. Save yourself the trouble. If you haven't already done so then grow a viva zapata moustache. If this is a problem, then a good merkin can be had from most costume outfitters.

13. 'ARRSE' rank slides!!!!

14. ........................oh, I'm surprised you don't have the blank slides that only reveal when exposed to black light..................