Rank chevron on lower left arm

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ShooterMcGannon, May 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have read up a bit on good conduct and wound stripes - this doesnt seem to fit in with either.

RAMC Lcpl in number 2 dress but with a normal Lcpl chevron on the left forearm sewn upside down. any ideas?

Attached Files:

• lcpl.jpg
      File size:
      51.1 KB
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

So you can easily see his rank in your rear view mirror when he has the beer bottle to his mouth?
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

..or when he is cuddling his boyfriend?
  4. No, what its is, is the fact that he won "Elbow of the year" and he is so proud he wanted to raise peoples awareness of his awesome elbow
  5. Cut backs the sleeve is detachable so can be worn on either side.
  6. It used to be a measure of how long you've served, I can't remember how many years per chevron though.
  7. It means he's the 'giver' not the 'taker' - This is a photo of the happy couple ins't it - Civil partnership? :)
  8. Used to call them service stripes in my day.
    They were generally seen in places like The Brigade of Guards and Kings Troop. Some RA Regt's also used them.
    We had a lad turn up with two of them and I was detailed to find out the regs pertaining to this.
    After trawling through the 1955 Army Act I discovered that ; You got your first one after two and a half years. The next one came after another two and a half years and any following ones every five years thereafter.
    You were only allowed to wear them up to the rank of L/CPL (L/BDR) and if you made full screw they came off.

I remember seeing some bandy Lance Jack with four of them.
  9. Not seen good conduct chevrons for years. Bloody hell.
  10. The guy on the right has white chevrons, the guy on the left has a red one and a red lanyard, and, is quite clearly a gwah. Ergo, red lanyard and red chevron= Ginger.
  11. What's the maroon around the cuff of the chap on the left?
  12. The maroon on the cuff are trade bands. this lad has two - this denotes he is a CMT class 1. One trade band denotes a CMT class 2.

Although this is at a wedding I can say with some confidence they were not the happy couple :p
  13. That's the deepest level he can fist he boyfriend.
  14. Which one is your partner then?
  15. It’s a I only have a ‘swinger’ so I needed something else for people to talk about stripe :wink: