Ranges in south west.

Anyone know if there are any 100 or 50m ranges within an hour or two from Bristol where I can pitch up and zero my rifles? One is a 375 H&H, which some timid types get excited about. I thought about minsterley, but apparently is not so good.

I want to know something, is there any such ranges, in the UK where you could target practice?

What are the laws in regards to keeping guns?

I have a keen interest in this, as a hobby.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I want to know something, is there any such ranges, in the UK where you could target practice?

What are the laws in regards to keeping guns?

I have a keen interest in this, as a hobby.
easier to fry to prague and shoot there or bengazi.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
benghazi would be better, strange entry requirements though you need to wave a big green book, chant your love of the brother leader and they will show you many guns

ugly

LE
Ok I would have said the ranges at Cheddar, Yoxter I think but the problem would be NRA and Military restrictions on Muzzle energy. If you are up near sussex ever you can zero on my wooded range for free.

ugly

LE
There is a new one near Cirencester 200mtrs - but its expensive!

If that's the one at the back of the gun shop where he lowers the back wall then its brand new and apparently very good. With planning he will prep loads ready for you!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk and my fat fingers

Alsacien

MIA
If that's the one at the back of the gun shop where he lowers the back wall then its brand new and apparently very good. With planning he will prep loads ready for you!

I have not been yet, but it could be as there is a gun shop there.
For £30 quid an hour it had better be good - I'd want bikini clad nubile nymphs patching my targets for that money!

ugly

LE
Bisley isn't that much cheaper and you get cnuts in green blazers mythering you!

Alsacien

MIA
Bisley isn't that much cheaper and you get cnuts in green blazers mythering you!

No wonder shooting is not so big in UK.
I'm a member of 3 ranges in DE and FR, a 25/50, a 10/25/50/100 and a 50/100/200, most expensive is Euro 60 for a year unlimited use.

ugly

LE
Membership costs are extra, range hire is on top of this! That's why I lease a wood!

Thanks chaps that's some decent advice and a kind offer from you especially Ugly.

Cirencester is looking good. 30 quid is a number i can live with if it is decent and without "experts" telling me what to do. Anyone got a name, number or weblink?

I went to the range near Cirencester yesterday. It is 100m gallery range with covered firing points and four lanes. There is steel buck and fox target in addition to target frames. Chap called Paul runs it. Cost is 30/hour. Pricey, but he'll spot for you and supplies a chrono. Pretty civilised and good for big bores. Corinium Rifle Range, I think he calls it.

The range is called the Coinium Rifle Range. It is at Kemble just ouside Cirencester. It is a 100m facility cleared up to 5160ft lbs. The cost is £30/session (around an hour.) this is a private facility and cost 10's of thousands to build. I am a one man band and have to be present as RCO when in use, hence the price which considering the financial outlay and running costs is actually very reaonable. It is open 7 days a week by appointment.

Welcome to Corinium Rifle Range
info@coriniumrange.com