Ranges in south west.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by exXIX, Aug 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know if there are any 100 or 50m ranges within an hour or two from Bristol where I can pitch up and zero my rifles? One is a 375 H&H, which some timid types get excited about. I thought about minsterley, but apparently is not so good.
  2. I don't know if Rogiet Moor ranges near Chepstow are still active, they might be.

Range Reports
  3. I want to know something, is there any such ranges, in the UK where you could target practice?

What are the laws in regards to keeping guns?

I have a keen interest in this, as a hobby.
  4. bisley and google uknra laws
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

easier to fry to prague and shoot there or bengazi.
  6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

benghazi would be better, strange entry requirements though you need to wave a big green book, chant your love of the brother leader and they will show you many guns
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ok I would have said the ranges at Cheddar, Yoxter I think but the problem would be NRA and Military restrictions on Muzzle energy. If you are up near sussex ever you can zero on my wooded range for free.
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

There is a new one near Cirencester 200mtrs - but its expensive!
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

If that's the one at the back of the gun shop where he lowers the back wall then its brand new and apparently very good. With planning he will prep loads ready for you!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk and my fat fingers
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I have not been yet, but it could be as there is a gun shop there.
    For £30 quid an hour it had better be good - I'd want bikini clad nubile nymphs patching my targets for that money!
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Bisley isn't that much cheaper and you get ***** in green blazers mythering you!

12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

No wonder shooting is not so big in UK.
    I'm a member of 3 ranges in DE and FR, a 25/50, a 10/25/50/100 and a 50/100/200, most expensive is Euro 60 for a year unlimited use.
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Membership costs are extra, range hire is on top of this! That's why I lease a wood!

14. Thanks chaps that's some decent advice and a kind offer from you especially Ugly.

Cirencester is looking good. 30 quid is a number i can live with if it is decent and without "experts" telling me what to do. Anyone got a name, number or weblink?
  15. As you were. Found it on google.