Rangers riot hero faces jail

A HAVE-a-go hero who pulled a policeman away from rioting football fans is facing prison after pretending he was a police officer to dodge a train fare.

Tom Bardsley was praised for his bravery when he rescued an officer from a baying mob of Glasgow Rangers fans in Manchester last May.

But the 24-year-old former soldier, from Salford, has been warned he could be sent to jail after being found guilty of impersonating a Ministry of Defence police officer so he would not have to pay for a journey home from Birmingham.

Bardsley, a single dad who denied the charge, was accused of being a 'fantasist' when he appeared at Manchester magistrates court for trial.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1096898_rangers_riot_hero_faces_jail
Very strange!

Markintime said:
My eyesight isn't what it was but, to me, he appears to be wearing a Veterans' badge, since he is only 24 perhaps he is a bit of a fatasist.
The Veteran's badge is available to anyone who has served in HM Forces.

Eligibility

Criteria
All those who have served in HM Armed Forces including the Volunteers and Regular Reserves.

Exceptions
Veterans who served in Armed Forces of other Countries and those who served alongside HM Armed Forces are not eligible (e.g. Canadian Navy or Royal Australian Air Force)..

Posthumous requests
The badge is a survivors badge and therefore is not issued posthumously.
The only exception is for War Widows and Widowers who are in receipt of a War Widows/Widowers Pension paid by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency. This also includes those who have received an award of Survivors Guaranteed Income Payment (SGIP) under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme. This is in recognition of the fact that their death was due to their military service.

Gas Gas Gas said:
Markintime said:
My eyesight isn't what it was but, to me, he appears to be wearing a Veterans' badge, since he is only 24 perhaps he is a bit of a fatasist.
The Veteran's badge is available to anyone who has served in HM Forces.

Eligibility

Criteria
All those who have served in HM Armed Forces including the Volunteers and Regular Reserves.

Exceptions
Veterans who served in Armed Forces of other Countries and those who served alongside HM Armed Forces are not eligible (e.g. Canadian Navy or Royal Australian Air Force)..

Posthumous requests
The badge is a survivors badge and therefore is not issued posthumously.
The only exception is for War Widows and Widowers who are in receipt of a War Widows/Widowers Pension paid by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency. This also includes those who have received an award of Survivors Guaranteed Income Payment (SGIP) under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme. This is in recognition of the fact that their death was due to their military service.
Please excuse my ignorance, I had not realised that they had opened up the criteria.

Fook me that's a bit harsh, though I seriously doubt that he'll be jailed for that.

BiscuitsAB said:
The_Seagull said:
Fook me that's a bit harsh, though I seriously doubt that he'll be jailed for that.
yeah probably just a psyc referal! I mean who the fcuk would want to walt as a mod plod?
:lol:

Perhaps he was inspired by that scene in The Untouchables when Elliot Ness meets sean Connery's character for the 1st time and, when asked by Connery why he's carrying a gun, and tells him he's a treasury officer. Connery saying "Who would say that who is not".

Who would admit to being in MODPOLD :? .

REgards said:
The_Seagull said:
Airsoft MoD Plod walts?? :?
True and perhaps an Mod Plod reinactment society.

They could reinact the time when they drove up to my bloody freezing TP on Longmoor and opened their Rangerover window a centimeter to let me bask in the awesome power of their heaters before driving off chuckling to themselves.

The_Seagull said:
BiscuitsAB said:
The_Seagull said:
yeah probably just a psyc referal! I mean who the fcuk would want to walt as a mod plod?
:lol:

Perhaps he was inspired by that scene in The Untouchables when Elliot Ness meets sean Connery's character for the 1st time and, when asked by Connery why he's carrying a gun, and tells him he's a treasury officer. Connery saying "Who would say that who is not".

Classic movie. :D

"Is'nt that just like a Wop? Brings a knife to a gun-fight!" 8)

BiscuitsAB said:
The_Seagull said:
A Royal Parks Policeman? Perhaps a member of the AEA Constabulary?

BarryBuddon said:
BiscuitsAB said:
The_Seagull said:
A Royal Parks Policeman? Perhaps a member of the AEA Constabulary?
Now the CNC: Civil Nuclear Constabulary. It may be a very boring job, but they are the only civilian police officers trained to shoot .50 machine guns! :D

Markintime said:
With the tempo of Ops over the last few years there will be a lot of 24 year old veterans.