Rangers into Administration

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
how do you run up a 46 mill tax debt ? the buggers chased me for £ 200 squids all over the place !! an i am still paying it off grin

Celtic fans shouldn't be laughing - if Rangers go down the pan that's the whole Scottish league fucked. Who the ****'s going to pay to watch one team win everything every season?

Personally I'd piss myself if the 'Auld Firm' collapsed and took the sectarian cesspit that is Scottish football with it.

Celtic fans shouldn't be laughing - if Rangers go down the pan that's the whole Scottish league fucked. Who the ****'s going to pay to watch one team win everything every season?

Personally I'd piss myself if the 'Auld Firm' collapsed and took the sectarian cesspit that is Scottish football with it.
Rangers fans loved it when Celtic almost went to the wall in 1994.Even the papers displayed cracked Celtic crests and headstones etc. Peter Lawelll, Celtic chairman says Celtic and the Scottish league don't need them. Either way Rangers won't die in my opinion, mandatory 10 point deduction and will possibly avoid tax bill.

I genuinely feel sorry for the average bloke who works there as his job but the club were warned about their overspending for years.

I was a Celtic supported since I was a kid, after witnessing the bollocks that goes on off the pitch lets hope the whole league collapses! (To be honest the bollocks that goes on off the pitch has been far more entertaining than the so called 'sport' that goes on on it for a number of years. Good riddance to a shite team, a shite league and the rest of the country that goes with it!)

At least they've got a decent rugby team to support!

...Oh, hang on! :)

As a Morton fan and proud defender of all aspects of Scottish football then I must say that this step by the current regime at Rangers is extremely sad but one they must have taken after much deliberation.

Clearly,the previous board must be taken to task for their part in all of this and should indeed shoulder much of the blame. If this blame can be recovered financially then all the better for Rangers and Scottish football in general.

Rangers have always been good to my club, Greenock Morton, in many ways. Among these being loaning us young players,allowing us use of training and medical facilities and indeed purchasing some of our players.

To "Jimmy's Best Mate": you clearly havent got a clue about Scottish football if you think its a "sectarian cesspit" mate. Try not to believe all you read in the papers mate.

To dear "Bohs_Man": this situation is quite different than when cellick were hours away from going down the pan in 1994 as well you know.

To "Jimmy's Best Mate": you clearly havent got a clue about Scottish football if you think its a "sectarian cesspit" mate. Try not to believe all you read in the papers mate.
16 year old receives death threats for joining anti-Sectarianism website. In the same story, a third of all religious hate crimes in Scotland are directly related to football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13806320 - Old Firm welcome anti-sectarian legislation

'Sectarianism is worse in Scotland now than NI' - Kilmarnock's manager

That's before you even consider everything that's happened to Neil Lennon in recent years.

Rangers fans loved it when Celtic almost went to the wall in 1994.Even the papers displayed cracked Celtic crests and headstones etc. Peter Lawelll, Celtic chairman says Celtic and the Scottish league don't need them. Either way Rangers won't die in my opinion, mandatory 10 point deduction and will possibly avoid tax bill.

I genuinely feel sorry for the average bloke who works there as his job but the club were warned about their overspending for years.
Your quite right Ger's fans, media etc IIRC did gloat when the shoe was on Celtic's foot at the time, however Celtic was saved & now it's Ranger's turn, it's no surprise with the economic mine field it's currently in, miss-management & resignations within the Board has'nt aided either.

Listening to reports on the wireless though, Media reports state that Celtic 'are' gloating that their able to go it alone, if this is true then it's sad to hear this kind of tone, especially for the future of the 'Old Firm' as we know it. which as many will know is currently on a very Rocky road yet some within the SPL circles firmly believe they can carry on regardless of what's happening.

Let the blame game & gloating begin is all good & well, but it's a sad period for any Scottish Footbal fan when they realise the Bigger picture.

16 year old receives death threats for joining anti-Sectarianism website. In the same story, a third of all religious hate crimes in Scotland are directly related to football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13806320 - Old Firm welcome anti-sectarian legislation

'Sectarianism is worse in Scotland now than NI' - Kilmarnock's manager

That's before you even consider everything that's happened to Neil Lennon in recent years.
Oh yeah?

Truth on Sectarianism: Top academic slams sectarian 'scaremongers'

Obviously there's no problems with it at all then. In no way whatsoever do the Old Firm sing sectarian songs, Celtic definitely weren't fined by UEFA for sectarian singing at their last UEFA Cup match against Rennes, Rangers fans don't sing about being up to their knees in fennian blood and the SNP were trying to introduce anti-Sectarian laws (supported by both Glasgow giants) for a laugh...

In other news

Celtic Football Club has announced a big fall in pre-tax profits for the second half of 2011.

Interim financial results show the club made £180,000 compared to a £7m profit at the end of the previous year.

Cash from player sales also fell from £13.2m to £3.1m. Bank debt was reduced from £9m to £7m.

Chairman Ian Bankier said Celtic invested £4.4m in the first half of the season, with further acquisitions in last month's transfer window.

"We can confidently say that the strength and depth of the player pool now available to the football manager is better than it has been for several seasons," he said.

"As a result, we have been able to enjoy the virtuous trilogy of being able to keep our best players, build and develop significant value in our player pool, and see improvements in football performance."

'Very challenging'
Pre-season matches and sales of merchandising have been described as "very challenging", in line with other high street spend, as fans' spending power is squeezed.

The lower revenue from those categories was offset by a 3% rise in turnover as Celtic had a run in European competition.

Bank debt stands at £7.05m, which is around £2m less than at the same time last year.

Mr Bankier, who took over as chairman in the autumn, paid tribute to manager Neil Lennon.

He said he had faced a run of poor results at the start of this season in a "calm, professional and resolute manner, and with unshakeable self-belief, he has put us in a strong position to challenge for all three domestic trophies".