Rangers Charity Single: Erskine Hospital - Penny Arcade

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by scottm_1989, Apr 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On the 15th of April the Rangers Charity Foundation single was released. The song is the original version of Penny Arcade written and sung by Sammy King (made famous by Roy Orbison) All profits from sales will go towards the Erskine Hospital for Ex Service Men and Women.

The plan is to get the single to Number 1 in the charts for Sunday 24th April; a similar campaign was carried out last year with Simply the Best in support for Help4Heroes. The download period is Monday 18th April - Sunday 24th April (4PM) - Anything after this won't count....Some more info below:

http://i56.tinypic.com/qqelc5.jpg

If you would like to contribute to this worthwhile cause the song can be downloaded from any of the below (OR ALL IF YOU’RE FEELING GENEROUS)

HMV (£0.79) - hmvdigital UK - Penny Arcade (Rangers FC Charity Single) by Sammy King

7Digital (£.0.61) - Sammy King - Penny Arcade (Rangers FC Charity Single) - Penny Arcade (Rangers FC Charity Single) MP3 music downloads - 7digital

iTunes (£0.99) - Penny Arcade (Rangers FC Charity Single) - Single by Sammy King - Download Penny Arcade (Rangers FC Charity Single) - Single on iTunes

Pass on to ANYONE ELSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE TO A VERY WORTHWHILE CAUSE

You can vote twice WITH EACH RETAILER (no more than this or all votes with be invalid)

Currently sitting at 29 in the live charts! It wasn't even in the top 100 on Monday so we're doing great.

ALL PROFITS GO TO THE ERSKINE HOSPITAL FOR EX SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN

Thanks!

2. We've moved back up 1 place ;-)

At first we were only using itunes but hopefully with the hmv and 7digital site it will get more sales

3. I'll post it on our messageboards. Please do the same ;)

4. I'll put it up on my Facebook page ( add me if you like.. angie handley and you'll see it there) and post linky wherever I can :) cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks Angie. I've posted the link on our 2 main messageboards and the campaign facebook page "Get Penny Arcade to No1 In The Charts"

The page has over 20,000 members so plenty of people will see it ;)

6. Thank you!! :) I shall continue to post yours aswell wherever I can over the next few days/weeks. I've bookmarked the link to the song so i can always find it toooo.

7. There has been a terrific effort from everyone so far. Penny Arcade is at number 29 in the official midweek chart update. All profits are going to a great cause so let’s keep it up.

Considering the song wasn’t even in the top 100 on Sunday this really is an amazing achievement. There is no doubt We Really Are The People!

Keep downloading, passing on to friends, emailing, phoning – ANYTHING that gets this campaign the exposure it deserves.

We’ve had mentions on several English radio stations and Gina McKie promoted the campaign on her Clyde 1 show last night. Keep contacting the radio shows and make requests for Penny Arcade.

Let’s give this another push as we approach the end of the week!

Remember, all profits from sales go towards the Erskine Hospital for ex servicemen and women. This is a very deserving and worthwhile charity – let’s do them proud!

The song can be downloaded from any of these 3 sites:

HMV (£0.79) - hmvdigital UK - Penny Arcade (Rangers FC Charity Single) by Sammy King

7Digital (£.0.71) - Sammy King - Penny Arcade (Rangers FC Charity Single) - Penny Arcade (Rangers FC Charity Single) MP3 music downloads - 7digital (Click on the UK flag above the song for UK sales)

iTunes (£0.99) - Penny Arcade (Rangers FC Charity Single) - Single by Sammy King - Download Penny Arcade (Rangers FC Charity Single) - Single on iTunes

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD TWICE FROM EACH SITE. NO MORE THAN THIS OR ALL DOWNLOADS WILL BE INVALID

Please – Step up and PAY

Thanks!

WATP!

8. Hiya :) could you post me the link to the page you've put my link on please.

9. Hi Angie. Just type "Get Penny Arcade to no1 in the charts" on your facebook search bar. You'll have to scroll through the wall back to Wednesday.

I can't get onto Facebook just now but when I get home I'll find it and post a print screen on here for you :)

10. [​IMG]

;)

• Like Like x 1