Ranger wing video on youtube

All that slo-mo ejecting of spent rounds and dodgy music, looks like it was directed by Mel Gibson.

The great tw#t.

I know, it's difficult to accept that when they take their balaclavas off, it's all ruddy cheeks, eyebrows and gammy nashers*.

*Ranger Wing, please don't death punch me.

Good, well put together video. Unfortunately my Gaelic was nowhere near good enough to follow it.

I can't help but feel that the old rifle grip looks awkward in comparison to the vertical fore grip that most forces have on their rifles now.

Oh, them great big F150/250/350 trucks are bloody rubbish offroad.

Very sexy. But there's only eight of em
And they are all called Ted or Pat.

There was a few of them based at ISAF HQ back in 2008 - who I used to drink with, I'm pretty sure there were seven of them and they were all on first name terms from the colonel down to the lowly corporal.

Last edited:
And they are all called Ted or Pat.

There was a few of them based at ISAF HQ back in 2008, I'm pretty sure there were seven of them and they were all on first name terms from the colonel down to the lowly corporal.
They knew the colonel because he's pat the butcher from the village

Last edited:
Found that mob's Wikipedia page. They've got quite an impressive record behind them, and they don't half use some Gucci kit.

Army Ranger Wing - Wikipedia

Good, well put together video. Unfortunately my Gaelic was nowhere near good enough to follow it.

I can't help but feel that the old rifle grip looks awkward in comparison to the vertical fore grip that most forces have on their rifles now.

Oh, them great big F150/250/350 trucks are bloody rubbish offroad.
The vertical grip is a bag of doo doo as far as ergonomics are concerned. You benefit more from having your hand at and angle as it presents a more natural position.

These chaps seem to have been to the Chris Costa (Costa Ludus) school of shooting, or someone who has adapted his teaching. That is an observation not only from the way the support hand is placed on the rifle but the way the pistol is presented into the 'personal workspace' for reloading and other manipultion.

In other news: I had a couple of days at Deland about 5 years ago with a bunch of Irish chaps who always seemed to be suffering terminal hangovers even after the first jump of the day. Good blokes.