Ranger Brigade(s)

SignalFire

Old-Salt
Mmmmm. A ropey WMIK, bog standard weapons, Medic pack and a dog....its hardly shouting out latest kit! Look, if you are going to do a PR shot give the Marines a ring, they put on flying jet-packs, buggys and sexy rifles. View attachment 617971

And i know there is a drone thing there but betting how much money they are putting in this, it will be 5 and 2 will be for training.

That Pic is not Ranger Regiment , The Regiment will be revealed on the 1st.

the Lad holding the UAV is an Arty.

skynews-army-cut-ministry-of-defence_5594591.jpg

I nearly spat my porridge all over my screen when I read this in the 'Graph this morning. They should be fúcking proud that their badge is like the Selous Scouts. They should aspire to being good enough to lick the boots of the Selous Scouts. And as for the weasly bed wetting snowflake of a journalist, how he can twist the history of the Scouts into a terror organisation is beyond me.
Cuz they killed black freedom fighting communist brothers init bro.

45x45

LE
Can't see what all the fuss is about the cap badge. White folks have been murdering black folk for decades. Gray Berret must have been an over order of QARANC headress.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I nearly spat my porridge all over my screen when I read this in the 'Graph this morning. They should be fúcking proud that their badge is like the Selous Scouts. They should aspire to being good enough to lick the boots of the Selous Scouts. And as for the weasly bed wetting snowflake of a journalist, how he can twist the history of the Scouts into a terror organisation is beyond me.
The journo in question is a 'she' - at least physically, whatever she may identify as.

That Pic is not Ranger Regiment , The Regiment will be revealed on the 1st.

the Lad holding the UAV is an Arty.

skynews-army-cut-ministry-of-defence_5594591.jpg
You know that, i know that.....but the DM doesnt!
1637842434219.png

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
FFS, can't these Woke Lefty Tossers ever give it a rest?

View attachment 617960.

Very American Sci-Fi looking, but very modern too, I like it - a refreshing addition to the UK CapBadge collection.

TBF it could have had even more bigoted and racist connations

1200px-Rangers_FC.png

FFS, can't these Woke Lefty Tossers ever give it a rest?

View attachment 617960.

Very American Sci-Fi looking, but very modern too, I like it - a refreshing addition to the UK CapBadge collection.
They could of resurrected The Rangers with a few tweeks. I think they might be a golden thread in the Rifles though.

the-rangers-12th-county-of-london-regiment-glengarry-badge.jpg

jinxy

LE
The first five parachute battalions were formed from volunteers from all regiments of the army. The 10th from a nucleas of 2nd Royal Sussex and volunteers from other units in the ME. The 11th from volunteers in the ME. All the others were formed from existing TA units including all the Parachute Infantry in Six Airborne Division.

Regular soldiers remained part of their parent regiment. TA and wartime soldiers became part of the Army Air Corp. Hence gravestones in Normandy and Oosterbeek being enscribed 'Parachute Regiment Army Air Corp.'
AAC was the administrative HQ for all Airbourn Forces, including SAS, Glider Pilot Regt, etc, hence the tomb stones.

LD17

MIA
@Queensman
Do you notice they put 1 PWRR & 1 RRF in the same role in the same Bde……which happens to have one more Inf Bn than the other Armd Bde……getting ready for the amalgamation?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
@Queensman
Do you notice they put 1 PWRR & 1 RRF in the same role in the same Bde……which happens to have one more Inf Bn than the other Armd Bde……getting ready for the amalgamation?
During his statement, Wallace mentioned a couple of times about units sharing the same base etc so yes, I do think this is the next round of cuts being lined up.

Also, having looked at the Future Soldier Guide, many of these are not scheduled to take place for years yet, so plenty of time to change again - and again! :(. For instance The Royal Scots have been slated to move to Aldershot since 2015 - now they have changed to Ranger they are staying in Belfast.

On the bus, off the bus. Repeat and infinitum.

My point is this nice glossy document is probably not what the army will look like at the end of this decade, as they seem to claim.

ETA:. Oh, and I noticed that London's are now going to be 1st Bn London Guards! :)

During his statement, Wallace mentioned a couple of times about units sharing the same base etc so yes, I do think this is the next round of cuts being lined up.

Also, having looked at the Future Soldier Guide, many of these are not scheduled to take place for years yet, so plenty of time to change again - and again! :(. For instance The Royal Scots have been slated to move to Aldershot since 2015 - now they have changed to Ranger they are staying in Belfast.

On the bus, off the bus. Repeat and infinitum.

My point is this nice glossy document is probably not what the army will look like at the end of this decade, as they seem to claim.
My bet is that organisation won't survive 12 months.

Latest Threads