Range Safety Qual

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by gorilla, May 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Other than the RMQ and the AASAA Cse, is there any courses I can do which will qualify me to do range safety?

Many Thanks in advance :soldier:

2. CMCQ did allow you to previousely

3. E-Qual will take you around ten minutes and enable you to do range safety on live fire movement ranges.

4. The 'E qual' will take substantially more than 10 minutes. Takes best part of a week to run the course for soldiers to qualify and act as safety for moving soldiers and OHF/FF weapon systems.

Your qualification would only last for a year if it was run 'In House'. AASAA instructors gain this qual as part of the course, or did when I done my one.

If you have any questions regarding what you could get from what courses look at Pam 21 under Chapter 2.

5. Yup its still awarded upon completion of the AASAA course.

6. You can do a Range authorisation course which can be run by your unit and you CO signs it off.

7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Only lasts for 12 months, and should only be used as a last resort.

Soldiers should attend CMCQ (if TA), RMQ (and/or AASAA) and then move on to LFTT (A Qual for regular, B Qual for TA). A Qual can plan and conduct, B Qual can conduct only - they must have had someone with the A Qual plan the range for them.

8. Check PAM 21 for a definitive answer. As the reference to LFTT quals and who can do what is wrong.

9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I may have got the letter wrong (ie the TA course may not be B Qual) butI am certain that the TA LFTT course does not allow those holding the qualification to plan LFTT, but does allow them to conduct.

10. Combat Marksmanship Coaching Qualification (CMCQ) (Reserve Forces)

Ranks : Offrs
    WOs
    SSgts
    Sgts
    Cpls
    LCpls

Qual : K (You can be IC console and IC Buts During LFMT)

Range Management Qualification (Reserve Forces)

Ranks : Offrs
    WOs
    SSgts
    Sgts
    Cpls

Qual : B (Plan, conduct and supervise LFMT and TLFTT on NDA, LDA and FDA purpose built ranges)

Guys just Read

Pamphlet No. 21 Regulations for Training with Armoured Fighting Vehicles, Infantry Weapon Systems and Pyrotechnics, Amd 1, 2009

Ch2 Section 2 and Section 3

its all explained in there.

MA

11. LCpls can now do RMQ.