random webbing belts

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by jepprob87, Oct 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've seen guys in my unit with non issue belts on their webbing where the male end of the belt is fed through the buckle and back round and pulled to tighten but they've all "got them off mates" etc. I'm now no longer a joe i'd like to get one instead of one of those quick release ones which always seem to spring open at the wrong time shedding empty mags onto the floor any one know the ones i mean or where I can get one?

2. ...Try here matey...They are ROLL PIN BELTS... :wink:

http://www.springfields.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3126&tsl_session_id=c64b389ecc48fc038a0aa36211f2b408

3. cheers mate you'v just made my day

4. Top man,
    Always a pleasure never a chore.... :headbang:

Any other rig you need?

5. Never had that problem with 58 webbing. Mind you, that bloody silly little hook had a knack of wearing itself out of the tail, though. Don't you all use the CS95 nylon job now? as that has (or had) the same type of closure clasp.

6. Still have my old 58 Pattern Webbing belt..You are right the new guys get issued a green web belt with the same male/female clasps as the old 58 Pat belt.

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Jepprob87, If you fancy a belt order with a roll pin belt, take a squint at these:
    [​IMG]
    The one pictured is the standard model from Troopers, but they can make any configuration.

- 2 x 3 A2 mag's and 5 utility pouches, with smoke/frag/FFD pouch on the right and multi-tool/folding knife pouch on the left.

Suitable for 32" waist and over.

[​IMG]

8. Am loving the look..Cutaway....Proper sweaty..with the rollpin.
    Question though....What make is it?...And are the D-Rings metal or plastic?
    Also does it come witha a yoke, or is this a bespoke set of pouches sewn together?
    Cheers...The Devil.. :twisted:

9. nice belt!

where can you buy one? Not that i'm gonna, issue belt kit with a few extra pouches does the job.

10. In my humble opinion, the finest belt produced for the British Army was the 44 pattern. It was the first "green" belt and was developed at the end of the war as a result of the extensive jungle fighting in Burma etc...

The key feature of the belt was that it adjusted at the side. The front clip was permanently sewn in which let the belt lie flat without catching. The belt also had a loop for carrying a waterbottle, which was excellent for "jungle belt order" but most folk cut it off.

I have worn one of these for years in the field. You can still find them in the surplus shops - look for the row of eyelets along the bottom of the belt...

11. I confess to being a bit of a webbing spotter - but I am sure I have read that the daft loopy thing was actually intended to go round the small of the butt when the rifle was carried slung over the right shoulder! It's a very curious idea, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it is totally incorrect.

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

This rig is made by Troopers of Colchester, (01206-511-268,) you'll probably have seen a number of these in the pics from the Afghan - Para Reg have found them to be the mutt's & use the shop continuously,

They'll have this model in stock, but can make up a belt order to your specs pretty quickly, it is compatible with the issue yoke and/or their own Patrol Yoke.
    Prices are reasonable too.

13. Vasco, you are correct. That loop was for a rifle butt. Not sure about it being the finest belt produced... Alloy fittings broke easily and the thinner webbing used wore out in days. Why else did so many guys in Malaya and Borneo swap it for a cut down cargo strap? Other than looking 'ally' (see original question and seperate thread)

14. Well I have had mine for about 30 odd years and it seems to be holding up... (tho on final loop and getting a bit worn on the back buckles)

Didn't know about the rifle loop idea... always assumed it was for the waterbottle.

Mind you nothing fabric lasts very long in the jungle!

15. What about a bayonet frog?
    Troopers are good, they would increase business ten fold if they got themselves on the web though.