Random weapon question

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by copper_knobblet, Apr 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Few months ago now I was on sennybridge (J4 range I think) and in the car park a bunch of 4 tonners pull up and out jump some soldiers that were doing selection for something. They all had rifles (I couldn't see if they were M16s or SLRs) that had orange parts and magazines. What are these? Why are they orange?
  2. No, definately bright orange and it wasn't a bullpup weapon. I saw a pic of one in Soldier once.
  3. Do the army use "simunition" weapons for training? It's a low-powered dye-filled round used in QCB trg.

I've seen simuntion pistols with orange/ blue receivers and mags.
  4. Was it a dream or did I really get taught that the SA80 could use a round called the LPTR

Low Power Training Round

No idea about orange mags though, were they definatley Brits ?
  5. I've only ever used the low power round in the SLR (a little while ago) and it made for lots of stoppages.
  6. Did they have bergans with an orange cover on the top as well ?
  7. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If they had blue hair they might have been Ummpa-Lumpaas!
  8. I participated in a military skill's comp with the US Army a few year's ago, and we were given H&K MP5's & M9's with the blue simunition's kit's, for the hostage rescue test. Had a brilliant time, the only problem was that the lighter ammo tended to shoot high. We took the BG's out and passed the test.

As to bright orange, not a clue, sorry.

9. If they had orange bergan covers too, then if was most likely the UKSF selection, I was there in the summer and "they" were there then too.

10. Yup. And more than likely British as were wearing DPM.
  11. I seen a video's of the UKSF Sigs Reg selection and they had what looked to me like SLR's (I'm no expert) with orange bits and orange bergan covers.