random story

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by grab_a_spoon!, Apr 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. whilst i've been in the army i have always thought about writting a book, of random things that have happened to me and my friends either on ex or just at work. i have never quite got around to writting my notes but would love to hear any funny stories that you have come across, or has happend to you.
  2. Alright, so you need to learn to spell. But if you want to read a master of military story telling at work, have a look at this arrse thread.

I'd pay to read that.

Hi, I am the Political Editor of The Sun. I have never served in the British Army, but once watched Full Metal Jacket and liked the journalism angle. You will all be aware of the imminent General Election, which will see Labour replaced by the Conservatives and me out of a job. Whilst strolling through Waterstones recently I noted that there is still room on their shelves for another book about the military based loosely on some blokes tall story. I have posted here in the hope that I can find someone naive, to nick their story and make loads of cash, thus making up for the loss of a comfortable political editor billet and the protection of Tone.

.....SITREP.....JOURNO!.......MESSAGE ENDS........................................
  4. Your'e not being cynical are you mate????? :roll:
  5. :lol:

nope, not cynical..

Just trying to flush the bugger from the treeline! I am sure this is a Journo infiltration attempt.
  6. Fair play but I'm not convinced, I mate of mine who doesn't come on here very often was talking about this a few days ago with great vigour. To be honest, I thought he was a bit weird but I let it go. It might be him. He's not answering his phone so I can't confirm :D

AS AR
  7. I have a few stories to tell.

It all began when i was just a small lad, i left the house to buy a paper and popped into the army careers office, once inside i was made to sign a piece of paper and needless to say i never made it back home.

on arriving at my unit.................................. :D
  8. Well years ago i thought about writing a book, then i decided not to and go out and get pished instead, and thats the last i ever thought about doing that.
  9. an undercover reporter eh? have you not read my other posts etc, i cant type for sh*t!!!!! and my spelling is worse!

i was just looking for some funny stories to pass the time due to boardom! got board of waiting so got drunk!

and if i was gonna work for a daily it'd have to be the sport! wall to wall lies and titties! (oh just like the sun then)
  10. There's an entire thread on here dedicated to funny stories. Ultimate Stupid Thread.

Stop nicking my ideas :twisted: :twisted:
  11. urs is ultimate mines just dull!