Random question - Helicopter Landing Sites

Hiya all,

Am looking to join my local Moutain Rescue Team and am thinking I should brush up on my Helicopter marshalling and landing site selection info (it's a good few years since I did it last). I can remember small chunks but I'm wondering if anything has changed recently and if anyone could point me at a site which might help me awake the little grey cells.

Thanks

S_R

Marshalling signals

This is a start. Most are similar to what we use.

I suggest getting in touch with someone who is LPC/HHI qualified or Rigger marshaller types. JATE(U) is the best official bet as they will give you the current signals.

Don't ask a pilot, we ignore marshalling signals most of the time anyway. :roll:

There is an excellent book on MRT service which covers this and all the MRT standards. It's written by the the Scottish MR Association. I bought it in George Fischer in keswick and will PM you the details

I've got a contact in JATE(U) I could ask, but he's a Loadmaster so probably less useful than you pilots..;)

r.sole info on that book would be great, there is a bit of a Q for the team so might be a while before i get started, might as well read up on it.

S_R

r.sole said:
There is an excellent book on MRT service which covers this and all the MRT standards. It's written by the the Scottish MR Association.
Erm.....If your joining an English or Welsh team maybe a better idea is to get a copy of The MRC handbook

Its not that the Scottish do anything different, Other than deep frying mars bars and nudging turps......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StBob072 The Intelligence Cell 7
C Old & Bold 14
R Police, PMCs, Security 3