Random query

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Social_Handgrenade, Feb 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sitting here talking balls with a mate and he's just come up with a random question which I have no answer for. As such, i'll throw it out to the collective genius that is Arrse.....

In the event that someone was recorded as being missing/captured on ops, how long would MOD continue to pay them?

2. Knowing the MOD about 10 minutes.

3. that long. and a quicky do serving soldiers have to pay for their own passports?

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

No, not unless they lose them or damage through own negligance.

5. Vague memory that in WW2 PWs went onto PW pay which was next to nothing, so when the guys that were captured in 1940 were liberated in 1945 they received about two weeks pay. Also there was some sort of PW pay supplied by the Germans for use in camp.

6. But did they have barrack damages taken out of it? Serves them right stealing all that wood to shore up those tunnels and build those vaulting horses.

I read a that the Irish Government charged both the British and the German governments for the cost of keeping the British and German servicemen that were interned in neutral Ireland in WW2. They billed them for every last foot of barbed wire.

7. Guess I kinda walked into that one :D

Blimey. OK so the blokes wouldn't really need much cash in the camps and weren't really helping the war effort, but that must have been a bit of a shiite for the families at home

8. Imagine the singlies who thought they were going to live like Kings? I think there has been a bit of a campaign recently as their time in the camps was taken off both their Army and State Pensions as well.