Random pheasant delivery?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by vvaannmmaann, Nov 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Came outside this morning to find this brace hanging on the wall.No note nor any idea where they came from.

They appear to be fresh and in goood condition-so pheasant breasts in bacon for lunch today!

2. Is that not the country equivalent of a horse's head in the bed?
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

no that's a pigs heart nailed to the front door

this smacks of wicca
  4. cock and hen-proberbly caught shagging in the bushes!!
  5. Happens round our end as well, the local gamekeeper dishes them out to tennants on the estate after a shoot.
  6. They could have committed suicide , very stressful time of year for pheasants.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Actually it was a murder/suicide. The cock claimed 2 of the eggs weren't his.......
  8. Mebbe they died in an accident !(a firearms accident) lol
  9. Happens a lot where I live in the Highlands, them or a plassy bag with a Salmon in it.
    Just learn to live with it as one of the strange country customs. (ask no questions and you'll be told no lies)
    It's a message that you are accepted as being part of the local community.

As somebody else said, it's a different message if you're a game-keeper and you keep finding them Nailed to your front door!
  10. Same thing here to! But it's normally dog shit not phesants.

You lucky boy Vanman
  11. Same in this part of the world. We normally get a few around Christmas...shame the keeper does not know that I pot a few with the 22 through the season.
  12. You have wonderful neighbours, lucky old you the joys of rural living.
  13. It's the gamekeeper's code.

A cock and hen together means you're invited around to a party at his place for a night of drinking, fighting and *******.

It'll be a small do- just the two of you.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Seems they were supposed to be going to the milf next door.That said,she has no idea what to do with pheasants so I have offered to go around and show her what to do with her breasts.
  15. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

For her benefit or yours :)