Random acts of kindness?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone done anything nice for a total stranger lately?

Against my normal instincts I gave some French tourists correct directions to Hastings this morning.I quite surprised myself.

2. I once picked up some hitch hikers. I really don't know what came over me, I remember them getting in the back of my car, and my brother looking really awkward sitting next to me and whispered, 'What the fuck are you doing?' It was then when I realised what I did and genuinely don't know the reason why I did! They gave us a tenner though for about a 5 mile lift to get us a drink for our trouble. Very nice of them.

3. Saw some bird drop a tenner on Friday afternoon. Picked it up, called after her and gave it back. Got to it just ahead of 3 scrotes, which was an added bonus.

4. No...fuck off!! I'm a bitch and I'm happy that way!! :x

5. yep, i didnt put any money in those money pots that you see people outside tesco's jangling, meaning that someone would spend less time counting money for starving africa and therefore have more time to put there feet up!

6. I once changed a wheel for a tourist whilst i was also a tourist in the Spanish mountains- bless it was only a laydee and had no idea how to do it and was stuck in the middle of nowhere.. she didn't thank me in the way i had hoped though..

7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I am never kind to people because I am a cnut. I did however see a woman this very morning who went into Tesco on the King's Road and bought a whole bag of shopping for the ginger tramp who was sat outside.

I watched in amazement from my car as he fumbled with the tin of Heinz spaghetti hoops and scoffed the lot cold, using his filthy hands as a spoon. Smiling a grateful toothless grin at the woman.

It was this random act of kindness that restored my faith in humanity and also made me realise why I am such a cnut because I would never do something as nice.

8. I'd say that was being a bit of a cunt myself! :lol:

9. Tight bitch, she could have got him a spoon?

10. Too right. What goes around, comes around - and I need all the help I can get. Stood in the queue in Boots and stepped up to pay for a young Mum's baby stuff when she realized she hadn't got her money with her (didn't get a shag, but you can't be lucky all the time.)

11. I gave someone a comfort shag cause he was lonely and hadn't had a girlfriend for all of 3 months....does that count. :twisted:

It wasn't that bad as we decided to comfort each other a few more times just to be sure. :p

12. Was it msr? Oh, no couldn't have been as he keeps posting these "classy bird required for mess party" threads...

13. A couple of years ago I was waiting for a train in Bucharest, Romania, to travel to Kiev.

Some guy with only one leg, on crutches, was kicking his suitcase along the ground towards the train he was going to be travelling on. In total disbelieve that none of the people stood on the platform attempted to carry it for him, I did.

To this day I still chuckle at the look on his and everybody else's face, as I picked it up and dropkicked it onto the back of a passing train.*

*Last part may not be true.

14. that doesn't make you kind.....just easy!!