ran through the minefield to call for air support

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Sep 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Brigadier Butler also said that 12 British soldiers had been caught in a minefield in northern Helmand. One was killed and five seriously injured. The soldier who died had run through the minefield to call for air support “in an act of exceptional bravery”. He was named by the MoD as Corporal Mark Wright, 27, from Edinburgh, serving with the 3rd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment.

Article in full

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2348173,00.html

2. What a hero.

My hat goes of to the Young man, as my heart goes out to his family

3. Wot he said.

4. RIP m8

5. Outstanding bravery. RIP

6. Sounds like a VC.

7. Echo that.

My heartfelt condolences to Corporal Wright's family, fiancée and friends - in amongst the heartbreak must be immense pride.

8. respect and admiration

RIP

9. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Agreed VC or a CG at least. Does he have to have been succesful in calling in air support to be considered for such?

RIP of course

10. It should be the bravery behind the act that is recognised irrespective of the success or not. (It is certainly recognised by his peers.

The courage of the lads in the front line is in sharp contrast to the craven behaviour of our political masters thats for sure.

RIP.

11. Awesome, most appropriate word I can think of.
    RIP

12. Echoed W_P...

It matters not if he was sucessful, all that matters is he selflessly acted to save his comrades and paid the ultimate price.

My respect and admiration to a very brave man, Rest in peace soldier.

13. Incredible act of selfless bravery
    RIP