RAMONES

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by menacingboots, Nov 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Warthog. Followed by Pinhead.
    Great songs but they remind me horribly of the clowns I work with.
    Any others?

2. Blitzkrieg Bop, Rock n roll High School, Sheena is a Punk Rocker-all top tunes!

3. Beat On The Brat

Beat on the brat
    Beat on the brat
    Beat on the brat with a baseball bat
    Oh yeah, oh yeah, uh-oh.

What can you do?
    What can you do?
    With a brat like that always on your back
    What can you do? (lose?)

Just as relevant today as it was in 1976. Classic!

4. "I wanna be sedated"

This song changed my life.

5. "The KKK took my baby away". I just love it.

Oh and I wanna be sedated but that's for entirelt different reasons that involve dancing girls in Miami and soem whipped cream. Great night out.

6. met the ramones in singapore airport circa 1978(ish). Awesome, especially Joey. He wore these round John Lennon specs with violet lenses. I swear I looked behind his glasses and the eyes were the same colour! Still have the photo with Joey and Dee Dee somewhere.
    Most of them are dead now I think. Legends.

7. i do chuckle whe my 15 year old son wear his RAMONES t-shirt.

Mind you, his band played to 2000 people last week in Glasgow!

8. #

I have my own opinions on this. If they're a fan of the band and they wear a band t shirt then thats ok. If they're wearing a tour T Shirt they aint been to or wearing it as a fashion item then it's a no no. Can't remeber who it was wearing a Ramones T Shirt on Soccer AM and Simon Pegg destroyed him for not even knowing a song.

9. Somebody put something in my drink. Awesome.

10. "I don't need to tell 'em
    I ain't got no cerebellum." - sheer genius.

Carbona not glue.... Commando... Pinhead... aaaah, great songs and my 11 Y-O daughter likes them too.

11. Saw them live in the Canterbury Odeon in 197?. Couldn't hear a thing for days afterwards. Still have a plectrum somewhere and half a drum stick. Came out at the end with the back of my head covered in flob and my ribs bruised from being crushed up against the stage. Fantastic.
    'Hello Canterbury, we're the Ramones and this ones called Now I wanna sniff some glue' Inspired! Oh to be young again!

We're a happy family we're a happy family we're a happy family, me mum and daddy!
    'When I think of that chicken vindaloo - I just wanna be well'
    Blitzkreig Bop
    All classics!

12. Fantastic! A Ramones Walt!

Somebody 1st parade the bus! :roll: