RAMC units deployed to Palestine 1936-39

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by bigjarofwasps, Dec 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,

Am doing a bit of research and was wondering if anyone can tell me which RAMC units deployed to Palestine during the arab revolt 1936-39. I know there was a hospital in Gaza (BMH Gaza), but am curious to know whether any field ambulances or the like where ever sent. I assume i`m right in thinking that in those days, ever infantry regiment would have had medics attached to them, this would account for the GSMs with bar Palestine to the RAMC. But I`d very much like to know whether any RAMC units were deployed and is there a roll of honour for the RAMC during this period?

I was shocked to see the loses the RAMC suffered in the period 1945-48 in Palestine.
  2. Many thanks Para-medic, didn`t think about asking Keogh have sent them an email.
  3. RAMC units deployed to Palestine 1936-39

Haifa, was the centre of operations for the '1st Palestine ExpeditionaryForce', where eventually they had a 200 bedded hospital.As far as I can ascertain from the RAMC Magazine of the time, the following Medical units were involved.
    3rd General Hospital
    8th General Hospital
    No 3 CCS
    33 Coy RAMC
    2/1st Field Ambulance
    4th Field Ambulance
    2/3rd Cavalry Field Ambulance
    3/3rd Cavalry Field Ambulance