ramc to qaranc

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by fochinet, Aug 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi, iam trying to transfer to QARANC as a student nurse from RAMC (cmt). I know i would have to do a maths test, can anyone tell me / give me examples of maths questions that would come up, as i havent received any paperwork yet.
    thank you?

2. Oh dear!
    Wah shield?
    Talk to BCU, you'll need to convince them that you can add up and wipe ****
    Google is your friend - hope this helps!

3. thanks , did u transfer from a diff trade?

4. No, only ever badged with Serpant and Staff

5. And we need a pic of you, as we need to be sure that standards are being maintained.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Corrected that for you Sir!

7. Usual sort of questions:

1+1 = 2
    2+2 = 4
    4+4 = 8
    Square route of 121
    64652 / 28
    308 X 390
    What is 22% of 1276
    What is 5.6% of £8106 (answer to the nearest penny)
    A TV’s normal price is £550.00. It’s sale price is £499.00. What is the percentage discount. (answer to 1 decimal place)
    You need 720 litres of water for a 3 day camping expedition. How many litres are needed for a 5 day expedition?
    4 men can dig 6 holes in 3 days. how many men do you need to dig 6 holes in 1 day?
    Convert 1390 psi into bars (1 bar = 14.5 psi) ( Ans to 1 decimal place)
    Convert 10.8 kg into lbs (1 kg = 2.2 lbs)
    Your patient soils the bed, how many nurses do you need to; wipe and clean his bum, change his sheets, offer words of comfort and mop his fevered brow?

8. @ Mr snake and eodmat, dont you worry am not fat, i do look after myself well like i said, am a cmt at the moment P.t is my bread n butter!:nod:

9. QA's work in inches my friend!

10. Yes I remember the CMTs doing endless phys at Bastion, bless.

Only joking about nurses.

Note that nursing is now degree only and high standards of literacy are (also) expected.

Did you know that nurses eat their young?

12. Hey fochinet, I'm also a CMT and want to transfer next year, how long is this process taking you? Is there more than 1 board for intakes a year?