RAMC Student Bursary

Quote from OTC:
I'm a 4th year medic paid by the army, when I started med school post 2 years @ Welbeck College I converted to a £1000 per annum bursary (tax free) automatically. I believe the system is the same for Sixth form bursars too.

Once you embark on clinical years (the last 3) RAMC pay you a salary c.£15,000 p.a., unfortunately taxed like a bitch, providing you undertake an 8? year return of service post med school

Speak to RAMC Recruiting they are always helpful: Quote

Anyone able to advise on this?

Your a medical student who is trying to get more money to pay for your beer habit.....get a freaking job like the rest of us........or become a QA and do bugger all but eat pies :threaten:

salary is 13kn abit, 14k and a bit more, 16k. It's taxed as anything would be if you earn that much. It's 6 years return of service after F2. Scholorship students still have to sit the board IIRC. But surely a 4th year should be in contact with the guys at AMS HQ and know this...? Can't see what the question is really..

Wyvern said:
salary is 13kn abit, 14k and a bit more, 16k. It's taxed as anything would be if you earn that much. It's 6 years return of service after F2. Scholorship students still have to sit the board IIRC. But surely a 4th year should be in contact with the guys at AMS HQ and know this...? Can't see what the question is really..
No I am not 4th year, just passed RCB and got army scholarship looking to do medicine and asking what the bursary arrangements are, whats the best thing to do?

Sorry, but I come from an era where punctuation is viewed as a useful aid but which nevertheless recognises that a question mark is not in itself sufficient to make something a question capable of being answered.

Outstanding said:
clownbasher said:
Fuck me, if you get in to medical school... what are you gibbering on about?

Learn to express yourself FFS. C- for communication skills.
If you cant understand read it slower. Age is so cruel.
The answer is in your original post you tit.

What does it say in the quote in your original post, shit for brains?

Or is the suggestion that the same system applies to sixth form scholars as Welbexians what you are asking to be confirmed, in your confused fashion?

I'm as confused as you are old son. Perhaps he's been at the gak again.

1) Your initial post didn't make much sense. Re-read it, you'll see for yourself. From going on the OTC page I gather you asked a question, a 4th year answered it, and you then put their answer on here. Unfortunately that was far from clear.

2)Instead of getting up yourself, learn some humility and take criticism. You're still only an army scholar. You're not in university yet, listen to the older and wiser before you start slagging them or other educational establishments off.

3)If you're a scholor, I'd presume you'd have a career advisor. They should point you in the right direction, tell you when it's time for your aquaint visits etc. Get in touch with them. Most people apply for a cadetship in their second year of university, there's plenty of time yet. And things may well have changed considerably by the time you get there, they certainly did between my starting 6th Form and getting my cadetship.

4)Again, if you want some help, learn some respect. There's nothing more annoying than some jumped-up Dr/Officer wannabe who thinks they're already there and that they're better than everyone else. They are not. Good communication and writing a sensible post with good grammar is part of showing that respect.

Outstanding said:
Does that apply to non Welbexians too? I wouldn't go there - I'd rather be an overseas cadet!
What prompted that? Are you a Daily Mail reader or just, as I suspect, an utter cnut?

edited to add:

I see, upon re-reading that you did the two years, then went medical, and now feel the need to be an utter twonk.

Why is there so much aggression and hatred here. I am genuinely interested in why people are using words like "shit for brains" and "cnut" towards this future british army officer (even if we are talking RAMC).

What are your underlying issues here? (deal with them)

grimsdyke said:
Why is there so much aggression and hatred here. I am genuinely interested in why people are using words like "shit for brains" and "cnut" towards this future british army officer (even if we are talking RAMC).

Probably because of the laziness of the first post and the disparaging (sp?) comments in subsequent posts? As I said, if someone is asking for advice, the least they can do is put some effort into their post and show some respect. Underlying issues may = lack of tolerance for juniors apparently up their own arrse? Not a bad thing methinks.
Now, it may be that the original posts were just ill considered, but if that's the case I'm sure future ones will be done with a little more care.
And less of the 'even if we are talking RAMC'. Fine, we may only do the Vicars and Tarts course, but we have worked our arrses off training for 7< years before we even get there.

grimsdyke said:
Why is there so much aggression and hatred here. I am genuinely interested in why people are using words like "s*** for brains" and "cnut" towards this future british army officer (even if we are talking RAMC).

Cnut. Fcuk off before I rip your spine out you useless cnut.

Latest Threads