RAMC Radiographer Gongs on EBay

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Pox_Dr, Nov 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A familar name to a few of us, but is he out now or is this another eBay con. I've dropped him a line but heard nothing back.

Gongs On eBay

2. I Hope its not PP as some of the Ops mentioned in his medal write -ups are still ongoing, from the same location.

If so, the guys a complete tool !

3. Unless hes extended he should have been out early 2005. Only know that as I joined up with him.

4. currently at £2,000

If hes in need of the cash - hes getting a pretty penny
    good luck to him

5. He's definitely out. Saw him at the Radiographers' reunion last year about to get remarried again (third wife?)
    Got to say that I'm very surprised if this is straight up.

6. "Handed over to 202 Field Hospital AMS (V) for polital reasons." sic

A quote taken from the background to the medals.

Political reasons I think not, more like a simple Relief in Place to permit 33 Fd Hosp to be held as Comd Med's tactical reserve.

7. neanderthal

Political reasons I think not, more like a simple Relief in Place to permit 33 Fd Hosp to be held as Comd Med's tactical reserve

I Doubt the 500 + regulars including 38 Lt Cols and above would agree with that statement.

They were sent home as the TA had been mobilised and had to be used !

Without doubt one of the lowest points in the History of the AMS.

33 Field Hospital Playing sports and picking up fag ends, in a sand pit "pen", whilst the dead and injured were treated less than 100 metres by our TA colleagues who had just arrived in Theatre and therefore totally unprepared or aclimatised.

8. The TA gave treatment to the dead?

9. neanderthal

Political reasons I think not, more like a simple Relief in Place to permit 33 Fd Hosp to be held as Comd Med's tactical reserve

I Doubt the 500 + regulars including 38 Lt Cols and above would agree with that statement.

They were sent home as the TA had been mobilised and had to be used !

Without doubt one of the lowest points in the History of the AMS.

33 Field Hospital Playing sports and picking up fag ends, in a sand pit "pen", whilst the dead and injured were treated less than 100 metres by our TA colleagues who had just arrived in Theatre and therefore totally unprepared or aclimatised.

Totally agree that decision was a discrace ! The lowest point in the history of 33 FH

10. Tell us more Tampontony, what did I miss, or is this in another post??.

CTC

11. I just had a hi from PP confirming details only he would have like date of joining & the troop we were in etc, so yes they are his gongs & it is him flogging them.

12. Have they been re-listed? I thought they were about to go for a couple of grand. If he feels the need to sell them you'd at least hope he manages to earn a decent wedge for them.

13. 33 Fd Hosp, a Regular unit, was deliberately replaced by 202 Fd Hosp (V) to become Comd Med's tactical reserve for two tasks that were thought beyond the capapbility of a newly mobilised TA unit, that had completed little pre-deployment training.

1. To become the 'dirty' hospital, should SH have decided to lob C or B agents.

2. To move forward into Iraq and establish a hospital in order to treat Iraqi civilians in the case of a total disintegration and break down in services and prevent a humanitarian crisis.

It was not a political decision, I can assure you that politics did not enter into the equation, it was estimate driven based on the perceived strengths and weaknesses of the medical resources available. 202 Fd Hosp (V) to remain static and continue to deliver secondary healthcare with 33 Fd Hosp on a 'be prepared to' task to move forward at extremely short notice to deal with the extremely challenging clinical consequences of C and B agent use, and/or a humanitarian crisis.

Who would you have chosen for the latter tasks - the worked up and experienced Regular unit, or the less well trained composite TA unit?

14. [align=justify]