RAMC Radiographer Gongs on EBay

I Hope its not PP as some of the Ops mentioned in his medal write -ups are still ongoing, from the same location.

If so, the guys a complete tool !

He's definitely out. Saw him at the Radiographers' reunion last year about to get remarried again (third wife?)
Got to say that I'm very surprised if this is straight up.

"Handed over to 202 Field Hospital AMS (V) for polital reasons." sic

A quote taken from the background to the medals.

Political reasons I think not, more like a simple Relief in Place to permit 33 Fd Hosp to be held as Comd Med's tactical reserve.

neanderthal

Political reasons I think not, more like a simple Relief in Place to permit 33 Fd Hosp to be held as Comd Med's tactical reserve

I Doubt the 500 + regulars including 38 Lt Cols and above would agree with that statement.

They were sent home as the TA had been mobilised and had to be used !

Without doubt one of the lowest points in the History of the AMS.

33 Field Hospital Playing sports and picking up fag ends, in a sand pit "pen", whilst the dead and injured were treated less than 100 metres by our TA colleagues who had just arrived in Theatre and therefore totally unprepared or aclimatised.

neanderthal

Political reasons I think not, more like a simple Relief in Place to permit 33 Fd Hosp to be held as Comd Med's tactical reserve

I Doubt the 500 + regulars including 38 Lt Cols and above would agree with that statement.

33 Field Hospital Playing sports and picking up fag ends, in a sand pit "pen", whilst the dead and injured were treated less than 100 metres by our TA colleagues who had just arrived in Theatre and therefore totally unprepared or aclimatised.

Totally agree that decision was a discrace ! The lowest point in the history of 33 FH

I just had a hi from PP confirming details only he would have like date of joining & the troop we were in etc, so yes they are his gongs & it is him flogging them.

Have they been re-listed? I thought they were about to go for a couple of grand. If he feels the need to sell them you'd at least hope he manages to earn a decent wedge for them.

bodyarmour said:
neanderthal

33 Fd Hosp, a Regular unit, was deliberately replaced by 202 Fd Hosp (V) to become Comd Med's tactical reserve for two tasks that were thought beyond the capapbility of a newly mobilised TA unit, that had completed little pre-deployment training.

1. To become the 'dirty' hospital, should SH have decided to lob C or B agents.

2. To move forward into Iraq and establish a hospital in order to treat Iraqi civilians in the case of a total disintegration and break down in services and prevent a humanitarian crisis.

It was not a political decision, I can assure you that politics did not enter into the equation, it was estimate driven based on the perceived strengths and weaknesses of the medical resources available. 202 Fd Hosp (V) to remain static and continue to deliver secondary healthcare with 33 Fd Hosp on a 'be prepared to' task to move forward at extremely short notice to deal with the extremely challenging clinical consequences of C and B agent use, and/or a humanitarian crisis.

Who would you have chosen for the latter tasks - the worked up and experienced Regular unit, or the less well trained composite TA unit?

[align=justify]
Neanderthal you should be a politician, the Spin that comes from your mouth (or keyboard)

Neanderthal this forum is all about opinions, but i believe i speak for the majority of personnel that returned from that debacle totally unconvinced by the rational behind the decision.

Indeed many very clever people wrote to the national press on their thoughts. I can personally remember being interviewed by the Psychiatric
Col on my own thoughts.

Still all in the past eh ??

tampontony said:
[align=justify]
Neanderthal you should be a politician, the Spin that comes from your mouth (or keyboard)

Neanderthal this forum is all about opinions, but i believe i speak for the majority of personnel that returned from that debacle totally unconvinced by the rational behind the decision.

Indeed many very clever people wrote to the national press on their thoughts. I can personally remember being interviewed by the Psychiatric
Col on my own thoughts.

Still all in the past eh ??
There was no debacle. If those who served in 33 Fd Hosp at that time remain unconvinced of the rationale as to why they went into reserve, then so be it. It was a sound judgement based on the assessed threat to maximise the potential and effectiveness of the available medical resources.

Answer me this: Would you want Regular or TA medics to attempt to support manoeuvre, to build a field hospital from scratch and to deal with the unpredictable?

Must have his reasons for flogging them, I wouldnt flog mine, theyre worth a fortune in free drinks at your local on Remembrance day!
I liked PP, definately out as I was at his dining out working lunch.

Christ I've never seen a man sunbathe as much as he did in Sierra Leone
If he needs the cash then its his choice
shame really, I liked the bloke he was allways cheerfull
unlike of course the blonde lunatic q man we had in 34 at the time

Heartstopper your certainly right there. PP sure was Mr SunTan out there in Sierra Leonne. Great lad though. Sure was a hard tour though every sunday on the beach etc BBQ's etc. Were you in the first group out there or second

Latest Threads