ramc/radc past and present dinner

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by theatre-veg, Sep 23, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For over a century we have had the RAMC/RADC Past & Present Dinner Club - now some retard has decided to spoil it all by inviting the 'Grey Mafia' for f*** sake. We've lost the Drumhead and now have this indignation forced upon us. I have no objection at all to the serving QA's who have served their time in the RAMC (despite their hideous messdress!) at all but who wants to sit next to a load of moaning old women from a fifty year old corps with no tradition - not to mention the ones who've already left the QARANC. Why can't they have their own P&P if they want one - a bit of consultation would have been nice as well for those of us that have made it this far. I imagine this will turn off (literally) even more P&P members now - they would be better off throwing it open to the entire DMS and calling it something entirely different. If they were having trouble filling seats they should have ended in it style in '98 or when our Colonel-in-Chief died instead of a lingering, ignominious death. By the way, has anyone actually seen our new CinC?

2. always see our new CinC, behind the bar daaaan at the Vic, it is Cat Slater isnt it?
    Good thing about having chicks, it will mean that there could be some top level sexual shenanigans occuring afterwards, be like the summer/chrimbo balls at woolwich all over again. :twisted: :twisted:

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Dress: comfortable shoes

4. Theatre Veg - Why are you so worried about having QAs (ex or serving) there? Do you think that you might all have to behave like adults for a change? Don't forget we all worked together, played together, and often slept in the same accommodation. Many QAs also married RAMC, so might well have been there as guests anyway. Not all QAs moan and wear comfortable shoes, and I knew quite a lot of RAMC, who acted like old fogies even when they were young. It sounds as if you might even be one of them (old fogey) :x Let me know who you are and if I do go I will make sure that I avoid stepping on your dainty little feet in my size 9 hobnails. Alternately you could always wear a sign round your neck saying "Nasty QAs go away"

5. you cant take guests to the past and present dinner :twisted:

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Another tradition bites the dust, as stated it would have been nice to have been consulted, but it seems the P&P has got it's final nail in it's coffin!

It has always been the RAMC P&P, for that reason the RAMC go to it. I am lost for words. (not like me-must be the heat)

7. notsosnowwhite it is called the RAMC PAST AND PRESENT DINNER for a reason. If the QA's want a past and present doinner then let them instigate one for themselves.

As for inviting them to the RAMC P&P it should never happen the members were not consulted, surely if things are to move ahead as has already been mentioned why not have an AMS P&P so as not to leave out the vets.

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It may have something to with 'tradition' someting that a QA would have no handle on at all. If we wanted an AMS P&P we would have had one- not a bun fight with QA's.

The P&P has suffered over years with poor food, lack of foresight in the location, lack of discipline by certain SNCOs and WO's and a high cost. As stated this will stop many who may have thought of going- not to!

Also I would have like to have seen SNCO's from the RAMC ballotted with the question first- but as usual they are railroaded with no thought given to their opinions!

The rocky road opens up before us like a rough and unpleasant road to oblivion!

9. Theyve been invited cos of the p*** poor attendence at recent dinners, and its not just people didnt want to go, it was because of the bad choice of location, cost of getting there and accomodation and of course the recent fashion, deployments.
    should be a good event this year, the location is good.
    As for allowing QAs, at least the Vet Corps dog handlers will be there to keep them in check. :twisted: :twisted:

10. First one to be held 22 Nov at Sandhurst I hear.

Good really seeing as that is when the Med assets are due to change over on OP TELIC so that will reduce the No's attending to start with. Believe the RAMC/RADC P&P club looked into holding the event at sandhurst with the cost finally defeating the idea, something like £50 for the meal then £6 for a bed in the mess.

They were going to very kindly let us use one of the antee rooms aswell and not the main mess bar......

11. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Typical !

Who actually proposed that the QA's should attend the RAMC/RADC P+P anyway that person should be questioned about loyalty to their respective Corps. The grey mafia shouldnt be invited even if QMan and I were the only two attending.

This insult will be the final straw for many many people.

Not me though Guv wouldnt hear a bad thing said about the QA's I am just representing the masses a job someone has to do !

Plus I like a good P**s Up with even more people to abuse ?

12. I concede many of your points and I appreciate you feeling disappointed that another tradition is biting the dust, but things change and the AMS as a whole work closely together, but it seems you only have yourselves to blame for the poor attendance, as I presume it was ex RAMC members who organised it badly in the first place. The main point I took contention with is the statement that all QAs are moaning old women. In fact I doubt if you will have to worry about many QAs turning up. it all sounds much too boring for the ones I knew to even think of going.

13. try the Corps RSM, and they usually havent been organised badly but its down to cost and availability of a place big enough to hold it.

notsosnowwhite said:
    "In fact I doubt if you will have to worry about many QAs turning up. it all sounds much too boring for the ones I knew to even think of going."

from listening to serving QAs i think youll find that theres quite a few heading towards Sandhurst for it. :twisted: :twisted:

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

As stated by TM its the Corps RSM who drive the dinner, after consulting unit RSMs at the AMS Corps Convention yearly. Obviously the powers that be didnt feel it needed running it past the rest of the RAMC to vote to give QA's access to our dinner. Our RSM wasn't aware of it.

And like you sat NSW, QAs wont bother coming- so that is a bonus! Maybe!

15. Good job were not using our real names eh? Corps Razza would be chuffed being quizzed about his loyalty to the Corps. :twisted: :twisted: