RAMC medical cadetship

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone could help me with a question about RAMC medical cadetship. I am just about to start my fourth year at medical school, and have two years left of medicine. I would like to start an application for cadetship, but have been told three different things.
1) I am too late to apply, as I need three years left at uni.
2) I can apply for one year cadetships (which would fit my application now) and it is not unusual for this to happen
3) I am ok to apply any time within my last three years.

I was wondering if anyone could clarify this for me? I am eligible to apply if I only have two years left?
thanks

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone could help me with a question about RAMC medical cadetship. I am just about to start my fourth year at medical school, and have two years left of medicine. I would like to start an application for cadetship, but have been told three different things.
1) I am too late to apply, as I need three years left at uni.
2) I can apply for one year cadetships (which would fit my application now) and it is not unusual for this to happen
3) I am ok to apply any time within my last three years.

I was wondering if anyone could clarify this for me? I am eligible to apply if I only have two years left?
thanks
JRB,

Typical Doctor... get everyone esle to do your work for you... Why don't you follow this link a start (google is amazing!):

Medical Officer - British Army Website

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No idea as to current regs, but back when we were stopping those pesky Russians invading, it was any time in last 3 years, I did 18months cadetship. Others on same PQO course had done one or two years.
Mind you that was RADC but regs for RAMC and RADC pretty similiar.

Current situation is that RAMC offering fewer than ten cadetships per year. All now run for final three years of course with a 6yr return of service post Fy1. You have to apply early in your second year to stand a chance of getting one.

I'm afraid therefore you've missed the boat on this one but the good news is they're taking more at the FY1 point so whilst a salaried student existence is no longer an option, a glittering career in the AMS might still be...

PM me if you want any more info / contact details for RAMC recruiting or somesuch.

JoV

Hi,
I am interested in joining the RAMC as a doctor. I know to apply for a cadetship you have to do it in the last year of A-levels or first year of uni. Im in my last year of A-levels and was just wondering how to go about this and who to contact, I have looked on the army website but I got a bit confused.
Thanks!