RAMC LE MSO

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Filbert Fox, Mar 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Duty rumour (well, duty fact actually) that this years round of LE MSO commisions is open to serving AMS WOs only.
    About time we shrugged off the clerks, gym queens and all of the others who couldnt make it in their own mob / saw an easier option.

Good luck to all who apply.

2. I second that Filbert. About time too, years of first hand experience of the Corps gets binned for no reason. takes a CMT to know a CMT is what i say.

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Is this a vicious rumour being spread by disgruntled wall cleaners?

4. of course!

5. It is about time, and yes it's true look at 2007DIN02-111 para 3 Eligibility

"Currently Serving in the AMS and a Sub rank of WO2 or WO1 on date of application"

Good luck to all those who apply.

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

About time too, get some Corps knowledge, interest and ambition, instead of the usual raft of re-treads that 9 times out of 10 sully the RAMC.

7. What will the WOs have to complain about to the DG at the WOs convention now?!

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Like, he gives a to$$.

9. Lets be honest, there are some quality guys out there from all arms who are/will be an asset to the Corps.

Unfortunately we don't filter out the ones who offer diddley squat. Until we do then lets hope they maintain the policy of only taking from within the Corps.

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

There is denying there are good re-treads, I know of one or two. But they are outstripped by the conkers who dont know a CMT from a lacon box,
    (Dont even go there, Foxy!), they have no base knowledge of the AMS which hampers them from day one.

11. So is it that the general opinion...re-trades you get commissioned into the RAMC are not upto standard? :?

12. No marky, its just that WOs have been shafted for years and all the experience that they have of their OWN CORPS gets wasted.

What does an ex-gravel belly or monkey know about being a CMT? takes one to know one and who better than someone who started at the bottom.

13. Totally agree! Most just see us as an extension to their career as they realise they have reached their ceiling within their own CEG and see us as their last chance.

Like I said earlier unfortunately we are pretty poor at weeding them out, therefore we have plenty of them sullying the Corps at present!

Bloody oxygen thieves!!!

14. Oh and whilst Im here. For so called ex teeth arms soldiers you rarely see them on PT!!

15. I once heard a story about a Guards WO that went for it and was horrified to see that the person (now Offr) on the board was once on his drill square and who he had given so much Sh@t about being a medic. The first question was 'so why do you want to be part of such a sh@t Corps' (roughly). Now thats justice! LMFAO