RAMC LE MSO

Duty rumour (well, duty fact actually) that this years round of LE MSO commisions is open to serving AMS WOs only.
About time we shrugged off the clerks, gym queens and all of the others who couldnt make it in their own mob / saw an easier option.

Good luck to all who apply.

I second that Filbert. About time too, years of first hand experience of the Corps gets binned for no reason. takes a CMT to know a CMT is what i say.

of course!

It is about time, and yes it's true look at 2007DIN02-111 para 3 Eligibility

"Currently Serving in the AMS and a Sub rank of WO2 or WO1 on date of application"

Good luck to all those who apply.

Ventress

LE
About time too, get some Corps knowledge, interest and ambition, instead of the usual raft of re-treads that 9 times out of 10 sully the RAMC.

What will the WOs have to complain about to the DG at the WOs convention now?!

Lets be honest, there are some quality guys out there from all arms who are/will be an asset to the Corps.

Unfortunately we don't filter out the ones who offer diddley squat. Until we do then lets hope they maintain the policy of only taking from within the Corps.

Ventress

LE
There is denying there are good re-treads, I know of one or two. But they are outstripped by the conkers who dont know a CMT from a lacon box,
(Dont even go there, Foxy!), they have no base knowledge of the AMS which hampers them from day one.

Ventress said:
About time too, get some Corps knowledge, interest and ambition, instead of the usual raft of re-treads that 9 times out of 10 sully the RAMC.
So is it that the general opinion...re-trades you get commissioned into the RAMC are not upto standard? :?

Marky5503 said:
So is it that the general opinion...re-trades you get commissioned into the RAMC are not upto standard? :?
No marky, its just that WOs have been shafted for years and all the experience that they have of their OWN CORPS gets wasted.

What does an ex-gravel belly or monkey know about being a CMT? takes one to know one and who better than someone who started at the bottom.

Totally agree! Most just see us as an extension to their career as they realise they have reached their ceiling within their own CEG and see us as their last chance.

Like I said earlier unfortunately we are pretty poor at weeding them out, therefore we have plenty of them sullying the Corps at present!

Bloody oxygen thieves!!!

I once heard a story about a Guards WO that went for it and was horrified to see that the person (now Offr) on the board was once on his drill square and who he had given so much Sh@t about being a medic. The first question was 'so why do you want to be part of such a sh@t Corps' (roughly). Now thats justice! LMFAO

M

Mr_Logic

This is just too tempting not to reply. Can any of you nice people here answer the following questions?

1. What proportion of recently commissioned (last five years) LEs are from outside the AMS?

2. How many AMS WOs in the last five years have been commissioned into another Corps?

3. If re-treads from elsewhere are such a bad influence on your Corps, why is it that your ASD/MCM Div have continued to commission this type of person?

I suspect that this issue here is just a NAAFI Bar type class-action lawsuit based on the bitterness of those who have not made the quality line.

Ducks below parapet, waits for F/Med 4 to go mysteriously missing.

Edited for crap spooling.

I'm neither RAMC or CMT but this is common sense

What about getting rid of the direct entry bits of skin as well.

Or is that a sore point

No doubt someone will re-educate me

Im not a CMT and the MSO job doesnt appeal to me at all but I believe that having it open to only AMS WOs is a fantastic move, excellent move for morale, retention and whats left of Corps ethos.

I'm amazed by how many people from other corps you take in. is there a historic reason behind this? i know when i was REME, if the warrant officers didnt get a REME commission, which was pretty hard to do, they knew they could rely on the RE or the AMS.